City launch legal action against the Premier League

Two very mild comments ( including “City bingo”) by me challenging Syed and Slot have been removed as they “ violate their policy” These media shills can dish it out but can’t take it.
Removed from where?

We obviously have strong links with Etihad , so why should we drop them as main sponsors ? At the end of the day , surely a club of our standing now could really boil piss and get a non related sponsorship that would blow anything out of the water ? Say for example Amazon on our shirts , or something of that ilk ? But why should we be dictated to? When Etihad is our preferred flagship sponsor ?

The Syed article is racist from start to finish. It is based on a false premise that City are "run by Abu Dhabi" when the club is owned by Sheikh Mansour as a personal invesment and Silver Lake. Even by his standards it is despicable. Didn't he previously liken City fans to sewer rats?

He did. He also said that if we won at CAS he would shout about our innocence from the rooftops. Yet nearly 4 years on, we're still fucking waiting!

If you can bear it, re-read the opening of Syed’s article bearing in mind that 1) City have said nothing, 2) Syed has not seen anything related to the doc.

If anything it’s so stupidly hysterical that is lost all weight, it’s not angered me in any way.

We obviously have strong links with Etihad , so why should we drop them as main sponsors ? At the end of the day , surely a club of our standing now could really boil piss and get a non related sponsorship that would blow anything out of the water ? Say for example Amazon on our shirts , or something of that ilk ? But why should we be dictated to? When Etihad is our preferred flagship sponsor ?
It's a crazy situation and when you see the exposure Etihad has received during the last decade, they must be amazed at the success of that deal.

Also pre/post Covid they looked in trouble but they have recovered incredibly well and investing heavily and looking to really push on again.

Long time reader....first time poster. I'm expecting to be branded a rag any moment!!! Bring it on.

It occurs to me that City and Newcastle could simply broker a mutually beneficial arrangement by which Etihad sponsor Newcastle and a Saudi equivalent sponsors City. It would boil an ocean of urine!

I wouldn't want you to be disappointed...

Rag.

:-)

Etihad made 394 million last year. It’s been beneficial to us and them, now Europeans know there’s alternative airlines, kind of the WHOLE point of sponsoring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.