City launch legal action against the Premier League

Long time reader....first time poster. I'm expecting to be branded a rag any moment!!! Bring it on.

It occurs to me that City and Newcastle could simply broker a mutually beneficial arrangement by which Etihad sponsor Newcastle and a Saudi equivalent sponsors City. It would boil an ocean of urine!
There's a part of me that has a strong feeling that Newcastle aren't overly keen on buddying up with City if they can avoid it

They are trying a pincher movement on us, trying to find something that will stick , pity for them that we have the best chairman anywhere in the world and the best legal team , they will regret going to war with us that i am sure
is that you mrs Thatcher

There's a part of me that has a strong feeling that Newcastle aren't overly keen on buddying up with City if they can avoid it
Dodgy but understandable.

We are taking the PR hit, they sit on the fence and if we win, they will be a serious competitor in the coming seasons.

I’m sure it’s that Newcastle are quite happy to sit in the background and let City take the brunt of all the stick, and if we are successful with the claim they will reap the benefits.

They are trying a pincher movement on us, trying to find something that will stick , pity for them that we have the best chairman anywhere in the world and the best legal team , they will regret going to war with us that i am sure
Stephen Fry | Everything I Know about the UK... I Learned from the BBC

I don't want to be a party pooper but listening to that, how is this explained?

Newcastle have finalised a £25m-a-year front-of-shirt sponsorship deal with the leading Saudi Arabian events company Sela. The agreement will provide an early test of the Premier League’s new fair market value commercial regulations.
That was a year ago i think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.