City launch legal action against the Premier League

Not sure if it's already been addressed but even if we're successful in the legal case against the PL, won't we still have to comply with UEFAs FFP rules?

So this unlimited spending bollocks is just that.

@projectriver @Prestwich_Blue
It is bollox.
We just want to go back to the lawful rules of the previous iteration, IAS24 iirc, regarding APT.

We would still have to comply with both PL & uefa, which we have done, despite not liking them.
The change in February was the final step, it’s unlawful, the PL should apologise for introducing unlawful rules, and reverse toot sweet, they are killing the golden goose.

Wow, hope this is true.

Could make for very interesting reading........especially those messages sent to our opposing clubs directors etc.

Wonder if the pl ever thought that their dirty laundry would be open to scrutiny......hope not lol.

They must be regretting the amount of accommodation they have given the redshirts at our expense now.

Could genuinely ruin the pl if there is enough damning material.

All to appease the few.
There will be some juicy titbits in there. I am looking forward to the FSG comments which reportedlly described Soriano as "a terrorist." Masters can't survive this surely.

One thing I don't think I've ever seen discussed in a positive light is that we have a number of sponsors from Abu Dhabi. It is always used as a stick to beat us with.

The reality is that our sponsorship department have actually got a strategy, not just a random scatter-gun approach.
If Etihad do well, the hotels in Abu Dhabi do well, so the tourism industry there does well. It becomes in everyone's interest to act together. How can you actually devise or apply a fair value test for one individual element of that synergy?
It is completely different from a simple single entity becoming the rags official toilet roll partner for example.

I suspect that this is an element of our upcoming case

With the latest revelations of Masters and the PL having to reveal text and WhatsApp messages etc have our UAE owners used their political clout and got MI5 involved here ?
Just a thought ……

That Guardian article seems like it is written with the belief city are in the right. Or at least that is my initial view of it.

Interesting point is though they seem to be saying that the Premier League have broken UK law. Does the Premier League, as a private club, need to comply with these laws I suppose is the question.
Above from sadcafe.
Yes, yes they do!!!

this has echos of the Vincent Tan v Malky Mackay dispute at Cardiff City, I can’t recall the exact details but think Tan got a court order to seize mobile phones from protagonists. Assume City have done something similar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.