City launch legal action against the Premier League

One thing I don't think I've ever seen discussed in a positive light is that we have a number of sponsors from Abu Dhabi. It is always used as a stick to beat us with.

The reality is that our sponsorship department have actually got a strategy, not just a random scatter-gun approach.
If Etihad do well, the hotels in Abu Dhabi do well, so the tourism industry there does well. It becomes in everyone's interest to act together. How can you actually devise or apply a fair value test for one individual element of that synergy?
It is completely different from a simple single entity becoming the rags official toilet roll partner for example.

I suspect that this is an element of our upcoming case
A friend of mine had a son studying at the London School of Economics with young Abu Dhabi business people. They would sometimes get complimentary tickets when City played in London. The emerging Abu Dhabi business people (LSE students) aspired to be successful and sponsor City as we were seen as a beacon of Abu Dhabi success. This was about a decade ago.

Rather than being anything shady, City's success and Sheikh Mansour's investment, was helping to motivate the next generation of Abu Dhabi business people and grow their economy. This probably doesn't fit with Dickie Master's and the red cartel's tainted view of possible associated parties.

Absolutely. As far as I understand it we don't have an issue with the PL rules as they were prior to the latest change. What we're apparently challenging is the associated party rules introduced in February this year.
Thanks, so it makes a mockery of the unlimited hysteria being peddled.

It looks like the PL were very careful to avoid using the word fraud, as the last thing they want is for actual UK law to be the deciding factor, what they are accusing amounts to the same thing but the wording allows them to keeps control of the situation.
Thanks for that because I continually hear the term false accounting which by definition would mean HMRC being involved.
So if it isn't false accounting and our finances and books are in arder in so far as the law is concerned it seems lrss likely we can be found guilty over some old school tie and boys club rules.... surely they'd have a hell of a job making any of thr allegations stick?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.