City launch legal action against the Premier League

What a load of shit this is. Who decides what is good value and who decides what is inflated?

More proof we need the independent regulator.
As if they would go after the Dippers if the Saudis had paid 150 million for Salah which was way way over his true value though if one of ours was rumoured to be going for 150 million, i bet there would be an outcry

Even a skim read of those rules and regulations gives the reader an idea of what an unholy clusterfuck the PL have created for themselves.

They have done to the PL rules for fair values what FIFA has done with the rules for handball and offside. They have started on a quest for the ultimate truth, when what is needed is "rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty" (for those of you familiar with the quote).

There is no ultimate truth in offside, handball or fair value, other than at a superficial level. Nor should there be for the sake of the sport. It's all judgemental. Leave it like that unless there is a huge discrepancy which is "clear and obvious" (PSG springs to mind). Yes, I said it. IFAB knew what they were about on that. :)

As if they would go after the Dippers if the Saudis had paid 150 million for Salah which was way way over his true value though if one of ours was rumoured to be going for 150 million, i bet there would be an outcry
Correct, who has had a bigger impact on the PL - Salah or Debruyne? Even allowing for Salah's 'homecoming Muslim' value, KDB is twice the player.

In fairness, their owners aren't related to the Saudis. Ours are, as they are from the same side of the world.

If the PL rule book just published is for 2024/5 and the previous one is for 2023/4 and there's no change in the APT rules doesn't that imply that we won and the rules revert to those prior to the February change?

Or was there a new PL rule book issued after the February change and that is the one comparison is being made against?
Good point but I think it was the latter.

Will take 1 month to 3 months for a decision from the end of the hearing I reckon
Hi Stefan. Were the rules that we are challenging already in the PL handbook - or were they proposed rules that had been passed at a meeting & subsequently challenged by City BEFORE updating the handbook?

Best way to see the difference is, City`s shirt sleeve sponsor is 5X larger than Arsenals, neither is an associated company, do you trust a Liverpool employee to tell you what the values are? because City do not. This was the February change
But that’s just APT which is already in place

If the PL rule book just published is for 2024/5 and the previous one is for 2023/4 and there's no change in the APT rules doesn't that imply that we won and the rules revert to those prior to the February change?

Or was there a new PL rule book issued after the February change and that is the one comparison is being made against?
Can’t see one listed on PL website since July 23/24. No sign of one issued in February 2024.
Strangely - the link to the 23/24 one won’t open …..

Due to “an error”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.