City launch legal action against the Premier League

That's just wrong mate. These clubs are politically massive in the European football sphere and essentially run football. United are irrelevant in football politics? Really?
People should not miss the reality you point out - and the fact that they are starting to edge towards irrelevance - the more they will act together keep control and have to keep their noses in the trough

People should not miss the reality you point out - and the fact that they are starting to edge towards irrelevance - the more they will act together keep control and have to keep their noses in the trough

People need to remember that football isn't one competitive arena, it's three. We compete on the pitch for 90 minutes, we compete in the accounts for revenue, and we compete in the halls of the PL/ECA/UEFA for lobbying. We're only good at two of them.

You can have the best team in the world and the highest revenue but if clubs make rules saying you're not allowed to play any of them then it doesn't really matter

Rolling headline on my Microsoft Facesheet - "Man City FFP : Emphatic APT appeal verdict predicted with Citizens tipped to be found guilty". ( Football365)
Guilty of what ? Silly me , I thought City were effectively the plaintiff/appellant in this particular matter and the Premiership the defendant ( contravening Competition Law amongst other issues )

People need to remember that football isn't one competitive arena, it's three. We compete on the pitch for 90 minutes, we compete in the accounts for revenue, and we compete in the halls of the PL/ECA/UEFA for lobbying. We're only good at two of them.

You can have the best team in the world and the highest revenue but if clubs make rules saying you're not allowed to play any of them then it doesn't really matter
While this is indeed very true what we should also remember is that football ceased to be a sport many moons ago and has now effectively become a business and in business those with the deepest pockets tend to come out on top and the current incumbent like newcastle and us etc etc have way deeper pockets than then yanks whether they like it or not.

While this is indeed very true what we should also remember is that football ceased to be a sport many moons ago and has now effectively become a business and in business those with the deepest pockets tend to come out on top and the current incumbent like newcastle and us etc etc have way deeper pockets than then yanks whether they like it or not.
Whilst I agree that football ceased to be a sport many moons ago, I differ on the second part, for me it is a case of two models, ours in which the club is bought using the owners money and all aspects of the club are run professionally until becoming self sustaining, we are not run on the bottomless pit of money as the media and many others portray it, our net spend is very low and has been for a long while.

The other model is the American one where, you mortgage the club to the hilt but and then milk off any profits dividing them between owners and share holders and allow a small flow of money to be used to pay off debt interest spend nothing on the infrastructure keeping debt at the maximum possible.

For some reason the PL likes the other option.

Whilst I agree that football ceased to be a sport many moons ago, I differ on the second part, for me it is a case of two models, ours in which the club is bought using the owners money and all aspects of the club are run professionally until becoming self sustaining, we are not run on the bottomless pit of money as the media and many others portray it, our net spend is very low and has been for a long while.

The other model is the American one where, you mortgage the club to the hilt but and then milk off any profits dividing them between owners and share holders and allow a small flow of money to be used to pay off debt interest spend nothing on the infrastructure keeping debt at the maximum possible.

For some reason the PL likes the other option.
i agree with everything you say but that wasnt what i was saying, you are a 100% correct in that the second model is unsustainable in the long term it is akin to the mortgage crash in america but what i was saying that if it came to that then we have the capacity to go deep on pure stubbornness where money is concerned.

Football is now an entertainment business, but still gets it`s perks from being called a sport. While deeper pockets should prevail, the yanks have their dirty tricks, like trying to sell £300 million of shares to the Chinese that were effectively worthless

Football is now an entertainment business, but still gets it`s perks from being called a sport. While deeper pockets should prevail, the yanks have their dirty tricks, like trying to sell £300 million of shares to the Chinese that were effectively worthless

I know what you mean but most teams against us aren't interested in entertainment or even playing football. I don't find 11 players behind the entertaining ;)

Hundreds or red tops everywhere here in Cumbria lots of good friends among then though...but also a hell of a lot of pricks gobbing off i try to laugh at them mostly that annoys them .
Also use the good old fashioned Fook off or if they mention there club reply with "never heard of them"
On a plus side a lot aren't interested if football anymore as its boring
Keep the faith Blues
I've was given a T shirt as a present a few years ago ,it's in dark blue with a very innocuous 93.20 just at the top L hand,on the front.On the back is the last bit of of commentary of that beautiful day,starting with "City are still alive here" and through to Aguerooooooo. and on to"You'll never see the like again ,drink it in"
I just love wearing it and do get a few comments, mainly just people mumbling some incoherent stuff from afar .I suppose I get away with out any hassle because my age ,couple of years short of being an octogenarian, bald , wear glasses,and it also helps being a bit Mutt n' Jeff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.