City launch legal action against the Premier League

Just reading these last few posts confirms everyone's suspicions for the last 20 to 30 years, certainly mine anyway.

The rags have been treated differently to everyone else, how many times did FFP change to ensure the red mardarses didn't fall foul of regulations and to try and keep us at arms length from the champions league? . It's quite obvious that, as much as it pains me to say it, they are untouchable.

But what we have now is that the Premier League have bent the rules that many times for the red cartel that they have got themselves stuck down a rabbit hole with no escape.

This latest farce from them sums up the complete mess that football finds itself in just because masters and all the pricks before him pandered to taggart and the red cartel.

It's laughable that so many comments elsewhere are along the lines of "Leicester got off on a technicality". No, they were cleared because the PL hierarchy are so incompetent that they were unable to draft PSR rules that were clear and unambiguous.

It's little wonder that City challenged the legality of the amended APT rules, they were probably drafted by the same bunch of fuckwits.
Spot on. And if Leicester can make the Premier League look like cunts, I'm sure City can too

View attachment 130785

"We found ourselves in a situation where we had make an important profit to avoid being in breach with the PSR (profit and sustainability rules),' said Damian Vidagany, Villa's director of football operations. 'It was very challenging.

'Everybody was cheering and celebrating the Champions League, but Monchi (Villa's transfer chief) and I were at the party thinking how we could avoid a points deduction that would have spoiled a wonderful season. There was a bomb with the countdown, and we were there to cut the cable. We arrived at the last second with this problem.
It's not very sustainable having to sell your best players to avoid penalties is it? The Premier League is a joke.

Also, weren’t the PL rules very quietly amended in about 2022 to allow united to get their contract renewal uplifts through, as without them being changed united would breach certain percentage amount rules.

The sheer volume of ‘tweaks’ to PL rules over the years to benefit united, or hinder others is so corrupt
I was just thinking this. I think it was the summer of 2019 though? Almost as soon as that amendment came in, United promptly made a big name signing. The suspicion was that they couldn't have signed that player that summer if the previous rules had been in place.

I was just thinking this. I think it was the summer of 2019 though? Almost as soon as that amendment came in, United promptly made a big name signing. The suspicion was that they couldn't have signed that player that summer if the previous rules had been in place.
Deja vu summer 2024… with the special £40m covid allowance , and the £35m special buyout costs allowance… and they sign £200m+

Last edited:
View attachment 130785

"We found ourselves in a situation where we had make an important profit to avoid being in breach with the PSR (profit and sustainability rules),' said Damian Vidagany, Villa's director of football operations. 'It was very challenging.

'Everybody was cheering and celebrating the Champions League, but Monchi (Villa's transfer chief) and I were at the party thinking how we could avoid a points deduction that would have spoiled a wonderful season. There was a bomb with the countdown, and we were there to cut the cable. We arrived at the last second with this problem.
This is absolutely ludicrous as is the view that Leicester buying their way to relegation is somehow a sporting advantage. Clubs are in more danger from PSR than they are from anything else. PSR is the single biggest threat to clubs sustainably imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.