City launch legal action against the Premier League

In cases I've dealt with in the past its not unusual for e.g. Terms & Conditions, particularly rulings under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, to be ruled as "Void" or "Null and Void". In such cases the legal interpretation is that which is the normal interpretation of such meanings that is "is officially considered to have no value or authority".

In such a case, if this can be extrapolated to such a Rule Book it would not matter if such rules remained in the Rule Book unchanged or not as they would have "No authority" in legal terms and would be unenforceable.

If Masters hung Parry out of a 15 storey window and dropped him I'd be even more delighted.
Him & Gill......splaaaaaat !!
If we have been successful in overturning any key elements of these APT Rules there will be some serious "face saving" initiatives going on at PL headquarters. Perhaps they are waiting for some big news to break out across the front pages so they can slide the "Bad news for football" out of the back door and hope nobody notices.
Not if we have anything to do with it .

I'm concerned that we ,as a fan base, are not as 'joined up' enough to get our voice out there front and centre.

We can't rely on the OSC who are like a beaten, neutered cat.

We probably need a 'communication group' to put their heads above the parapet to proactively and vigorously put the facts and supporters views in the public domain.

Happy to help.

Him & Gill......splaaaaaat !!

Not if we have anything to do with it .

I'm concerned that we ,as a fan base, are not as 'joined up' enough to get our voice out there front and centre.

We can't rely on the OSC who are like a beaten, neutered cat.

We probably need a 'communication group' to put their heads above the parapet to proactively and vigorously put the facts and supporters views in the public domain.

Happy to help.
The famous New York restaurant photo, Parrys interview about the big two being allowed to influence, Scruffy Jim admitting there is an influence.
Stuff like this needs regurgitating repeatedly to 80 odd other clubs particularly those with ambition.
Happy to help

In cases I've dealt with in the past its not unusual for e.g. Terms & Conditions, particularly rulings under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, to be ruled as "Void" or "Null and Void". In such cases the legal interpretation is that which is the normal interpretation of such meanings that is "is officially considered to have no value or authority".

In such a case, if this can be extrapolated to such a Rule Book it would not matter if such rules remained in the Rule Book unchanged or not as they would have "No authority" in legal terms and would be unenforceable.

Sounds sensible, but in this case there are nineteen other parties to the rules who would need to know that the rules can't be enforced, otherwise they may take decisions that lead to lost income, for example, and compensation claims. So, it seems to me, the rules need to be changed or it needs to be announced which rules aren't being applied.

But what do I know? :)

The famous New York restaurant photo, Parrys interview about the big two being allowed to influence, Scruffy Jim admitting there is an influence.
Stuff like this needs regurgitating repeatedly to 80 odd other clubs particularly those with ambition.
Happy to help
I would be utterly bewildered if the 80 odd others don't already know this !

Possibly, although wasn't the talk that that would be a separate case?
We asked for a 'split trial' allegedly, which means (I think) that if we'd won certain parts of the case then they'd have to then consider compensation for lost revenue. I'd guess that's being decided now if it's true that we've won a chunk of our points, so it may still be a while before anything is announced/leaked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.