City launch legal action against the Premier League

I see that Leicester after just gaining promotion are going to have to sell in order to meet the PSR rules, as if it isnt hard enough to survive after promotion.
It is ridiculous. I think if enough clubs are emasculated by the PSR/FFP rules, the tyranny of the majority could shift to the clubs that are not members of the Red Cartel. Which in short means the supposed smaller clubs organise themselves to put a stop to the strait jacket of PSR/FFP.

When the bigger clubs start buying up all the talent from the other clubs that have potential FFP/PSR issues to deal with the PL will become less competitive which has to be a bad thing. Aston Villa is a perfect example. Qualified for the Chumps League but may have to sell players.

Crazy times.

He'll have a job. He's not currently an MP.

He’ll win his seat back.

Ian Byrne is no longer a Member, but was most recently the Labour MP for Liverpool, West Derby, and left the Commons on 30 May 2024.

The dissolution of Parliament took place on 30th May 2024. There are currently no MPs – all seats in the House of Commons are vacant until after the general election on 4th July 2024. Find information on former members who were MPs at the time Parliament dissolved.

Why don’t City put forward a proposal that states you cannot compete in the premier league with debt above a certain level. Convince 13 other clubs and allow the “tyranny of the majority” to kick United out. See how the media like that.
I remember reading about FFP back in the day. I remember reading that clubs that had a lot of debt would be banned from the Champions League. It's strange that now debt doesn't count. I can't imagine why that might be.

The term “tyranny of the majority” is really powerful if you step back and think about it. Whereas the media are saying City are using it because they don’t like democracy, just rewind half a century when the tyranny of the majority made homosexuality a crime, those so called criminals were subject to abuse, prison and in some cases medical procedures to “cure them”.

That my friends is an example of the tyranny of the majority.
‘She’s a witch!’

And how do they arrive at a fair market value? As an extreme example what if 12 years ago 5 clubs all submitted shirt sponsor ship deals for the same amount, Lets assume the clubs were The Rags, the dippers, Arsenal, Spurs and us.

I would be pretty confident that the people evaluating Fair market value would have put them in the order below.
1. Rags.
2. Dippers.
3. Arsenal.
4. Spurs.
5. City.

Jump forward 15 years and whose shirt sponsor would have had the best deal?
Great point. Another good analogy is the FTSE 100. If you looked at the list 10 years ago it would be different if you looked at it today. The issue the PL need to get their heads around is that change happens, the tectonic plates actually move. Trying to maintain the status quo means they will have to come up with increasingly barmy ideas that are protectionist rather than pragmatic. It's war and City are leading the charge. There will be blood on the carpet...hopefully it won't be ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.