City launch MLS Franchise

Sigh said:
grunge said:
Falastur said:
I'm 99% sure that that will not be the case, for reasons stated many times in other threads. There just isn't the potential to earn money off this aside from by being linked to the club, and no, selling expensive players to NYCFC and then loaning/selling them to City for free will not work.

I dont think something like that would work, but the fact that this is partially owned by Man City then any profits will assist us in FFPR.

Im not sure how much though right now as I cant find the FFPR Doc to read up on the related profits stuff.

If there is a way to stop the implementation of FFPR dead in it's tracks it will be by a U.S. state court (New York) now establishing personal jurisdiction over UEFA upon plaintiff's bringing a cause of action against UEFA in New York...if there is a cause of action...and I am sure one can be found...

Anyone know more about this side of it ?

That bleacher report guy or that rag analyst fella, have they written about this ?
I am sure it will be complicated but if any of our American cousins know anyone in the legal business who could say this or that ?.

Oh Man City the only football team to come from Manchester

Oh New York City the only football team to come from New York

I wonder if the swamp dwellers will set up a team outside of New York but close enough to use the name New York

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Falastur said:
NYCFC buys noone. MLS owns all the players in the MLS, just like other American sports, and they would veto these deals.

I'm here to be educated as I have had little in depth interest in the MLS set up previously so bear with me, how can the likes of Henry or Beckham guarantee to end up at certain clubs if they are MLS owned ?

Basically, when a club wants to buy a player and have agreed it with the selling club, they approach MLS and say what money they are willing to spend, and whether they count as a Designated Player (one of three players per team who don't count towards the very strict wage budget) or not. The MLS then does ALL the negotiating. If the MLS even got a sniff that we were buying a player in NYC just to send to Manchester then they would rightly go "no chance, we're not doing this for you" and the deal would be off. After all, the MLS exists to get the best deal for football in America, not football in Manchester.

Anything that gets the armchair red cunts spluttering around on their shit forums trying to take the piss but showing themselves up to be sad bitter bastards is ok with me.
Go New York City!!...wonder if Bobby Manc will be in the running to manage? :-)

Pablo1 said:
Anything that gets the armchair red ***** spluttering around on their shit forums trying to take the piss but showing themselves up to be sad bitter bastards is ok with me.
Go New York City!!...wonder if Bobby Manc will be in the running to manage? :-)
How about Pulis!

Think this is a great idea for the "long term" future of City.

But not in Manchester...

I just have a nagging feeling that The MLS will grow and continue to grow, eventually NYCFC will become the dominant team (over MCFC)

Just feels like we've been a guinea pig for ADUG.

Also, Yankees partnered with The Rags a few years ago... I remember as I had a Yankees baseball cap that I threw in the bin when they partnered with 'em

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.