City= many black players, but at COMS not many black fans

chorleybloo123 said:
It could be the fact that only 5% of Manchester's population is Black, whereas 77% of the population of Manchester are white.

Says it all. Question answered.

Cant believe were even talking about this. I have a mate whos Pakistani and has been a season ticket holder at city for so many years, there's no racism what so ever, i love all races regardless of skin colour or what team they support. 1 thing i hate is a racist bastard, we all support the same team, no need for anyone to be racist.

Cambridgeblue said:
Brucie Bonus said:
Wow. How ignorant to chant "terrorist" at Laotians and Filipinos and Han Chinese!

BB technically Russians are Asian too as they come from the asian continent... the term is a loose one. In Britain it is used to describe people whose ethnicity originates from places like Pakistan and India (what is often termed the indian subcontinent) as well as those of chinese, thai, philipino etc origin (what is often termed the far east or south east asia). British people with Pakistani or Indian heritage often use the term Asian to describe themselves so I don't think the user you are criticising is wrong to use it.

It is true that in the US the term "Asian" tends to refer to people of chinese, korean, japanese origin ect, but then they tend to use the term middle eastern, indian or arab to describe people from Pakistan, India, Bengal, Sri Lanka etc etc which is arguably more ignorant - especially the term Indian which Pakistanis in particular are likely to find extremely offensive.
Rusians are not "Asians". Great Russia is firmly in Europe, i.e. west of the Urals. Those Russians who live in "Asia" have moved there, but Mother Russia is most certainly of the continent of Europe, and it has never been otherwise. I note you cannot help but have a typical Bluemoon dig at Americans who are "arguably" more ignorant, but as this forum proves day in, day out, ignorance is universal.

I find the OP has made a valid question, one i find interesting..

From my limited experience, being adopted by the locals of Longsight when I lived there, was,

City was there team, and they followed City avidly, of course they recruited me (who had no idea of football until then)

These guys, of Jamacian ethnicity really looked after me and taught me about football, how to be streetwise in rough neighbourhoods and had my back..

The thing is, they never took me to a game, we would sit on the rooftop of ASDA next to the ol Maine Rd or watch in the pub.

Not sure why, but money was an issue I am sure, as it was for myself (butchers don't earn much in the UK).

Perhaps the club could do more to engage these fans?

Adelaide United in oz has a link to the Uniting Church's football league in which the majority of young male Sudanese refugees play in to help assimilate when arriving in australia, and now there are large sections of the adelaide crowds adding that african flavour with drums etc..

There is a difference of course to 2nd or 3rd generation or longer to recent refugees but an ethnic community it still remains to some level.. And I am sure the club would be interested if they knew there was a community of city fans out there not attending games..

Food for thought really. In the end we are all blue.

Claremont Road in the 80's and 90's.

The afros and the brothers were out in force. City always had the black lads. And still have.

FFS how long has white not been a colour ? Worst thread of the year so far.

True_Blue69 said:
Just because you havent seen any in the crowd, on the TV might I add, you come to the conclusion there is a race issue? Im actually shocked you could even post what you did to be honest....
FFS, he didn't come to any conclusions. He simply asked a question.

Whatever their race, creed, colour, sex or preference City fans are Blue.

Nothing else matters because they are the funniest, finest and friendliest bunch of people which anyone could want to be a part of. Be proud to be a Blue. Nothing more. Now let's not argue.

I am a Blue....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.