City= many black players, but at COMS not many black fans

To skybluekings; ethnic minorities and black people are under-represented at football matches in england, but it's nothing to do with racism. All are welcome at city.

Thankfully its been a long time since I have seen any racism at football matches in the UK. By a long time I am talking 20 years +

Where I sit near the away fans on the second tier there are a few asian and black lads not a huge number but a few.

There are not as many as there where back at Maine Road (and not huge numbers even then), I guess this is to be expected as Moss side has a very large Very large afro Caribbean population.

You go with your mates I guess it goes back many years they are under represented and thats a shame.

cityslickster said:
To skybluekings; ethnic minorities and black people are under-represented at football matches in england, but it's nothing to do with race or ethnicity. All are welcome at city.

Thanks slickster. Thread would have ended a long time ago with your response but its taken a life of its own now.
I guess underneath, race is a touchy subject.

skybluekings said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
What a complete an utter joke this thread is! I've never even given this a moments thought, i sit next to african and jamaican guys every week, to even bring this topic up shows that you yourself are racist, whether you are black or white!

To truly live in racial equality colour of skin shouldn't even come into your head when looking, speaking or talking to people, you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about it!

Maybe you should give some thought to the fact that Pakistani and Indian people in particular (of which there is a fairly large number in north west England) have cricket as their main sport rather than football and if they do follow a football team then that is mainly what it is, FOLLOWING rather than SUPPORTING.

It wasn't too long ago that a black teenager got killed by an axe to the head from white guys coming from a pub in England. LINK: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4445928.stm

Safety is always an issue for people of foreign decent when living in a country dominated by one race.
No chip on my shoulder. I live in a country with a 99% white demographic, so how can I have a chip on my shoulder?

hmmm this guy is either a WUM or very ill informed about MCFC....seems very 'convenient' how he has picked a racist incident committed by a brother of one of our former players......

keith Curley Watts said:
the worst post i have ever seen what a load of rubbish. please delete this thread

"Please delete this thread" PMSL

Who are you, king of the fucking forum?

To the original poster - your post was fine and has caused interesting debate. Rest assured noone would give you a second glance if you came to City. Your American accent might get you some curiosity, but certainly not the colour of your skin.

skybluekings said:
cityslickster said:
To skybluekings; ethnic minorities and black people are under-represented at football matches in england, but it's nothing to do with race or ethnicity. All are welcome at city.

Thanks slickster. Thread would have ended a long time ago with your response but its taken a life of its own now.
I guess underneath, race is a touchy subject.

Yeh don't know why people responded to your op in an aggressive fashion it's a fair observation.

Didsbury Dave said:
keith Curley Watts said:
the worst post i have ever seen what a load of rubbish. please delete this thread

To the original poster - your post was fine and has caused interesting debate. Rest assured noone would give you a second glance if you came to City. Your American accent might get you some curiosity, but certainly not the colour of your skin.
PraiseJesus.jpg

Didsbury Dave said:
keith Curley Watts said:

PraiseJesus.jpg

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
skybluekings said:
It wasn't too long ago that a black teenager got killed by an axe to the head from white guys coming from a pub in England. LINK: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4445928.stm

Safety is always an issue for people of foreign decent when living in a country dominated by one race.
No chip on my shoulder. I live in a country with a 99% white demographic, so how can I have a chip on my shoulder?

hmmm this guy is either a WUM or very ill informed about MCFC....seems very 'convenient' how he has picked a racist incident committed by a brother of one of our former players......

How the hell would I know that the victim was a brother of a city player?
Nowhere in that story is there anything about him connected to City so how the hell would I know that?!

I remembered the incident and posted a link after finding the story again. WUM?
As a black man and knowing of incidents like this, I am within all reason to ask my original post.

This thread is being twisted into something it isn't.

I have so far reasoned based on responses here that:
1. The demographics of Manchester plays a part.
2. Socio-econmonic reasons exist.

These 2 reasons explain it for me and I am glad for asking the question because now those answers have me better informed. For the most part, responses to this thread give more confidence to make the trip and enjoy the City experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.