City= many black players, but at COMS not many black fans

Da_Blu_Moona said:
I wish I could find a black face palm.......

SiskoAnimated.gif

I once recounted a story of being racially abused at City three season ago, on bluemoon. Several posters subsequently used this as ammunition to accuse me of being over sensitive, and even questioned whether I was in fact telling the truth...

Make of that what you will...

skybluekings said:
lancs blue said:
Historically it was a problem generally that black fans felt unwelcome at most English grounds in the 70s and 80s because of underlying racism though possibly less so at Maine Rd than some others I could mention.

Thankfully things have improved since then but now I would guess the problem is expense as much as anything as a higher proportion of the black population is in the lower income group and so less able to afford high ticket prices.

Thanks, this explains it all.

Thread wasn't meant to imply race problems at City but merely asking why there aren't that man fans of color at the games. Thanks for the explanation.

To ask about race issues is relevant because everyone in world football knows that there are race issues with English football. Every year there is always a club making a complaint against racists chants aimed at their players.

It's not as bad as it used to be, I used to feel uncomfortable in the Kippax when some morons used to sing "Spur are on there way to Belson" being of jewish extraction, now if you want to see racism in football (and every other sport) you must go to Spain, it worse there than it has ever been here

BillyShears said:
I once recounted a story of being racially abused at City three season ago, on bluemoon. Several posters subsequently used this as ammunition to accuse me of being over sensitive, and even questioned whether I was in fact telling the truth...

Make of that what you will...

There are always some people who'd rather bury their heads in the sand.

In the 70s when I started going, the rags were very much a whites only club(one of the reasons I chose City, so I could go with friends of mine that were black). I have found it an irony that now you see so many non-white people wearing their colours and have always put it down to a need to want to fit in. I am proud that when it was still an issue for other clubs(like Everton)we played a mixed team without any fanfare, black white your all blues and the work Alex Williams has done on behalf of the club should prove that it's not just lip service here(unlike in Trafford). I also think there is something to the point that the black(and asian)people that have come to the UK for 50 years have normally come from areas that football wasn't really part of their upbringing.

Most black people i've met here in Manchester have supported City.

Although I do know the club were concerned about the lack of Asian fans as I use to do some thing were you had to count heads going into the ground based on their race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.