City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

If you are lucky enough to get the gig at City, why the fuck would you do something to bring the club you support, that has given you a job, into disrepute? Wankers without a pair of brain cells to rub together. Also painfully unfunny.

I doubt the club would employ Seth MacFarlane or any edgy (and actually funny) comic to do the half time gig so I'm not sure of the relevancy in that regard.

Stupidity isn’t an excuse for ignorance, bigotry or racial stereotyping.

People wouldn’t dare imitate a shite Chinese accent to a person of that country’s origin, so why is it acceptable to broadcast to the world on a podcast? The obvious connections city have with the Chinese and Spanish just adds to their idiocy.
It’s not acceptable. But it’s surely not a sackable offence?

They should be punished for their stupidity but sacked?

They’ve country/xenophobically stereotyped accents, it’s not like they’ve racially abused anybody.

I didn’t find it funny or acceptable though.

Ironically, I was perusing through some old football books earlier this week, and stumbled upon WHAT A GAME co-written by Fred Eyre and his United counterpart in the early 90s.

Essentially, a number of Manchester “celebrities” from Stuart Hall to Pat Crerand were asked to nominate their favourite football match of all time.

The Bernard Manning chapter makes interesting reading.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.