City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

Still you have to hand it to these boys, it's very rare we get to see a man city story even remotely close

to the top of the sports pages in the daily fail...

To be fair you’d go to jail if you did a lot of the stuff Peter does to Meg (and others) in Family Guy.

Probably best not use it as an example of what’s acceptable in the real world.

Not talking about their actions inside their cartoon world, but instead the wildly offensive Chinese stereotypes and accents that Seth McFarlane paid his voice actors to do

Everyone these days just wants to be seen to be offended or wants to be seen standing up against things that are seen as offensive.

McLean is the only one on that team I can stand to listen to. The others are all far too over enthusiastic and say too many words while a few will do.

We haven’t sacked Ferris after what he was like at the parade but we’ve sacked two lads for being stupid?

They should have been warned for fuck’s sake.

Now we’re just left with the shit lot.

Stupidity isn’t an excuse for ignorance, bigotry or racial stereotyping.

People wouldn’t dare imitate a shite Chinese accent to a person of that country’s origin, so why is it acceptable to broadcast to the world on a podcast? The obvious connections city have with the Chinese and Spanish just adds to their idiocy.

And while discussing City's late arrival in China for last month's pre-season tour, a fictitious 'Mr Wong' claimed the club's plane was twice cancelled because of a lack of Jackie Chan films on the flight.

In the 'Mr Wong' persona, McClean was recorded saying: 'You like Jackie Chan? Me (sic) like Jackie Chan! We no (sic) have paperwork or Jackie Chan film on plane. You need Jackie Chan film on plane.'

Got that from the article. I find it funny nor racism tbh. So I figured it was something else. Much more offending.

Everyone these days just wants to be seen to be offended or wants to be seen standing up against things that are seen as offensive.

McLean is the only one on that team I can stand to listen to. The others are all far too over enthusiastic and say too many words while a few will do.

We haven’t sacked Ferris after what he was like at the parade but we’ve sacked two lads for being stupid?

They should have been warned for fuck’s sake.

Now we’re just left with the shit lot.
That's any time I spent at City Sq now over, I'd normally stop and listen to Mike if I was passing.

Silly and in this day and age the outcome will always be the same im afraid.

My question is would they sack a Spaniard or Chinese bloke for doing a shit English accent?

Would they fuck!

We need to invent a public sin bin.

Most of the time what happens in these cases is that the company fires them publicly and quietly hires them back in six months once the heat is off (if they're any good). They're only sacking them because they want to look good. And they hire them back because they're actually competent.

So I propose that we have a middle ground so that everybody gets what they want - we bring back the public stocks. Make a racist comment? 2 days in the stocks. Tell an off colour joke? 1 day in the stock. Attempt to teach the peasantry to read? Six weeks in the stocks.

This would singlehandedly revitalise the British fruit and vegetables industry to reverse any and all damage that a no deal Brexit is supposed to do to it. And the used food could be given to homeless people afterwards. It's also great exercise for the kids and will help stop the obesity crisis that is blobbing its way across the UK. It's win-win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.