City Matters thread

However, just being serious for a moment and playing a bit of Devils Advocate, it could be that she follows more than one team. While that’s an alien concept to many of us diehard fans, there are people like that out there.

This thread has been a great read with some quality comments and I can see it ending up in the Classics one day!

However, just being serious for a moment and playing a bit of Devils Advocate, it could be that she follows more than one team. While that’s an alien concept to many of us diehard fans, there are people like that out there.

Also, and this is the most important thing - has she been fulfilling her role properly? Does she turn up for all the meetings and put the requisite effort in? It could be that she does a better job than reps who are hardcore fans of the club.

And with regards to her appointment, I’d have thought that the Canal Street Blues would have had some involvement in that as surely when it comes to appointing a LGBTQ+ rep, CSB would have some say in that. Basically, she must’ve had some City fans who could vouch for her because I doubt that she’s just rocked up completely out of the blue (pardon the pun!). I’ll add that CSB appear to do a great job in the main but that tweet smacks of a bit of a witch hunt.
I can see your point but how would we know if she turns up for meetings when they never publish the minutes?

This thread has been a great read with some quality comments and I can see it ending up in the Classics one day!

Also, and this is the most important thing - has she been fulfilling her role properly? Does she turn up for all the meetings and put the requisite effort in? It could be that she does a better job than reps who are hardcore fans of the club.

And with regards to her appointment, I’d have thought that the Canal Street Blues would have had some involvement in that as surely when it comes to appointing a LGBTQ+ rep, CSB would have some say in that. Basically, she must’ve had some City fans who could vouch for her because I doubt that she’s just rocked up completely out of the blue (pardon the pun!). I’ll add that CSB appear to do a great job in the main but that tweet smacks of a bit of a witch hunt.
The CSB vetting process included asking whether the applicant was at the Full Members Cup Final. CSB failed to ask which side she was supporting.

Joking aside and I know she’s far too young to have been with the Shed mob on that sunny Sunday. It’s true we don’t know whether or not she is/was a committed member of City Matters or it was say a careerist strategy. Most of City’s administration don’t seem to support us so it’s possible she supports more than one Club.

I think we benefit sometimes from a hard headed business approach that comes from non City fans running the Club but it sometimes falls down.

One of her TikTok's - what the fuck, haha. Whole thing's hilarious, clearly shouldn't be representing City fans.

I’d say you’ve got a decent gig there blue, being the family rep, City don’t always get it right, but I have to say some of the engagement with families is brilliant, especially the fan zone, What a way to bring the next generation of blues through. But what I did find whilst waiting in the queue on Saturday, was many of the families didn’t have match tickets, which I found quite sad. We have a family stand, surely the club can offer any unsold tickets in this section to families who attend the fan zone at a decent rate, I’d like it to go further than that, but that seems a fair starting point. Also a facility to donate tickets for families, many tickets go unused or unsold, if tickets are not sold on the exchange, then it wouldn’t be difficult for the club to offer a donate function
FWIW, many OSC Branches try to help families get affordable tickets through sharing spares etc when other families are away. I agree with you that a more structured approach to help families going to the Kids Zone would be helpful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.