City Matters thread

I went to one of them POB meetings after I got arrested for persistent standing.....I spoke to the then chairman and he stopped the hassle from police and showsec. So it worked for me.

Saw a lad get pulled at the Bayern match at the back of SSL1. Don’t know what for. Not going to speculate. Handcuffed. 7 Police officers in riot gear surrounding him, helmets, etc, not wearing them. Numerous stewards also in attendance. 2 women filling in paperwork, looking rather pleased with themselves. The Police then forced the lad into a narrow passage way that leads to the catering bar. Kept him there for quite a while, talking to him, then led him away.

Credit where its due, the Fan Zone is a brilliant idea and I'm really glad they created it.

Re. tickets. I actually suggested a similar idea a while back about creating a function that allowed people to donate tickets and nothing came of it. The issue of ticket prices is a constant and whilst we keep telling them lets be realistic, if its selling out every week City aren't going to go out of their way to reduce prices.

I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to be honest.
Maybe it’s something they’ll consider when the extension is finished, demand is meeting supply and in some games exceeding it, which obviously means there are fewer opportunities. I still think you’d get a fair number of donations every game though, enough to make a few families day. We are the modern day opera ticket I suppose, and the only positive out of the current ticket pricing (for match days especially) is that there is demand and that means we’re being successful on the pitch, I just hope the day never arrives where we are ‘just’ a tourist destination like the toilet

Saw a lad get pulled at the Bayern match at the back of SSL1. Don’t know what for. Not going to speculate. Handcuffed. 7 Police officers in riot gear surrounding him, helmets, etc, not wearing them. Numerous stewards also in attendance. 2 women filling in paperwork, looking rather pleased with themselves. The Police then forced the lad into a narrow passage way that leads to the catering bar. Kept him there for quite a while, talking to him, then led him away.
some stuff got chucked from our side after they ripped the netting down at the front and chucked shit at City so maybe that?

She’s took the piss. She hasn’t hung anyone.

You could put it that way, but clearly it isnt good enough!

She clearly isn't suitable for the role. She has lied to get the role or at best been very economical with the truth.

What she has done belittles the important work that the role was introduced to do. We are trying to be more inclusive as a club and it looks like she hasn't taken the role anywhere seriously enough and sadly neither has the club.

We get enough bad press as it is without nonsense like this coming out making the strong links between the club and its LGBTQ support look silly.

The Canal Street Blues clearly arnt happy and rightly so and neither should any true city fan who wants the best for the club.

She clearly isn't suitable for the role. She has lied to get the role or at best been very economical with the truth.

What she has done belittles the important work that the role was introduced to do. We are trying to be more inclusive as a club and it looks like she hasn't taken the role anywhere seriously enough and sadly neither has the club.

We get enough bad press as it is without nonsense like this coming out making the strong links between the club and its LGBTQ support look silly.

The Canal Street Blues clearly arnt happy and rightly so and neither should any true city fan who wants the best for the club.
She's obviously as a media student just after a foot on the first rung of the ladder in corporate comms and fairly cynically spotted an opportunity in this CM committee role. I imagine she has her eye on a similar opportunity at Chelsea and ultimately has no actual interest in football whatsoever.
I'm not sure how CM/CSB can be expected to run checks to see how gay/blue someone is and I expect she got the gig based on enthusiasm and perceived expertise due to her main study area at Salford.

That may well be the case, and if she's blagged her way into the job then she should be removed but like I've already said on this thread, how has she managed to blag it in the first place? She must've had other City fans vouch for her to get into that position and CSB probably had an input too, given it was for the LGBTQ+ post. CSB could've handled this matter in private rather than going after her on the most toxic social media platform, and they're rightly getting a lot of stick for that. Obviously, that won't be everyone associated with CSB who advocated whacking it on Twitter but whoever was behind that Tweet needs to have a word with themselves.

True.

They earned their crust on those nights. Now they’re like celebrities and super stars, you can‘t get close to them. No more pressing the flesh and whispering down their ears in person.
Even Roberto Mancini submitted to having his photo taken with me!! *rofl* Mind you it was not me who asked him it was the person I was with.

Just think, if that still happened I might have been able to get a photo with John Boy!!!! *falls of chair laughing*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.