City Matters thread

United have been heavily criticised for the "unacceptable" number of away supporters who purchased tickets in home areas of the ground.

The fresh information has been released following the club's latest fans forum, which was held on 10 October.

United's director of supporter services Sam Kelleher confirmed the 2,000 figure, which is as many fans as Galatasaray had in the official away end.

Roche has previously apologised to United fans and acknowledged some "felt unsafe" as huge numbers of Galatasaray fans were seen in areas outside the stadium normally occupied by those backing the hosts.

In their statements, United officials reiterated positions previously taken in an email to season ticket holders and members, claiming that many of the tickets which ended up in the hands of Galatasaray fans were sold to a 'bot' which made it appear they were being purchased by genuine supporters.

Screenshot_20231101_142311_Facebook.jpg
Norwegian chess grandmaster in the away end on Sunday. Probably got the tickets off Haaland and his allocation, which I can accept. But still frustrating to see 'fans' of other teams in our away end.

Reposted from the Liverpool away tickets thread.

I take it after this latest (Liverpool) away tickets fiasco, City Matters at the next meeting with the club are once again going to ask the club to reveal the away ticket breakdown, players, staff, corporate packages, OSC, season ticket holders, youth, etc. Or are the club going to refuse to do it again? Until the club give the fans a breakdown of where the away tickets are going there will always be a suspicion that the club are syphoning off away tickets to sell on to 3rd parties for inflated prices. Come clean and let us know where the away tickets are going.

The previous CM SC rep (PB) said when he was in post that the club wouldn't state how many SC holders there were. I'd assume that's still the case as whoever is the new rep doesn't post on here.

No new SCs have been issued for the last two years and none will be this summer either. That means that any non renewals go to match day to increase revenue. We obviously have a lot less SC holders now than we had at the peak as there is far more money to be made selling them game by game.

City Matters is a fig leaf for supporter engagement by the club and other than Sir Kevin Parker I don't know why the reps bother to be honest.

Still waiting from at least one of the City Matters representatives to reply to our valid concerns about the Liverpool away ticket fiasco and stitch up by the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.