City on YouTube/podcasts/fan channels

I don't think so.

It's not in our DNA, I really mean that.

These bizarre guys resonate with a sizeable portion of their fan base, otherwise they'd sink for lack of clicks. They all have fan channels far bigger than ours. Our biggest is City Xtra followed by Esteemed Kompany, but you could add the subscribers to all our fan channels and you'd struggle to make 200,000.

Goldbridge on the United Stand has 1.58 million subscribers, AFTV has 1.51 million.

We simply don't have the global fan base of our leading competitors, that is simply a fact, but one of the desirable off shoots of that is it does make our fan channels more down to earth and less hyperbolic.

The reason the big channels for other clubs are more extreme is probably because of the greater competition rather than anything in the DNA of a City fan.

The only way to fight to the top of the tree in the United/Arsenal ecosystem is by growing and getting more clicks and that extreme reaction and clippable content is what makes you go viral and grow.

I'm sure there's loads of people like Esteemed Kompany for United or Arsenal content, you just don't know who they are as a fan of a rival club.

You’re thinking about what you know and you’re own associations.

The fans that are young now will be different to the fans that followed us through the dark times.

As their DNA will be completely different, it’s inevitable that we’ll get our own ‘annoying’ fan representative in future because of this.

You might be right, but I hope you'll not be too offended when I say I hope you're not.

The reason the big channels for other clubs are more extreme is probably because of the greater competition rather than anything in the DNA of a City fan.

The only way to fight to the top of the tree in the United/Arsenal ecosystem is by growing and getting more clicks and that extreme reaction and clippable content is what makes you go viral and grow.

I'm sure there's loads of people like Esteemed Kompany for United or Arsenal content, you just don't know who they are as a fan of a rival club.

You make some good points.

But I struggle to see our fans producing a Goldbridge any time soon, or an Expressions, or a DT, or that spawny get from Redmen TV, no matter how much we grow.

Maybe I'm just too old.

Last edited:
I watch most of them in particular cheesy, city xtra big, Steve and esteemed kompany. One thing I think we miss is a presence like aftv at the stadium. I love cheesy but i feel there needs to be more Mach going fans doing similar to him. I rate mcfc lads too for giving that a go
Same here, do those guys from City Extra ever go to matches especially at home?
They just seem to get hyper in front of a screen?
Still the plastics from all over the world who comment on their articles make me laugh
Clueless isn't the word
They call City Extra, "Admin" lol

You make some good points.

But I struggle to see City's fan base producing any time soon a Goldbridge, an Expressions, a DT or that spawny get from Redmen TV, no matter how much it grows.

Maybe I'm just too old.
Exactly. Some of these YouTubers have a big following because they are characters like Expressions, not because they have a bigger fan base worldwide. They all tend to play up to it as well, you get me blud?

Arsenal TV views went through the roof when other fans tuned in for a laugh to watch their latest meltdowns. Plus you have that Robbie who created it on every single football show or podcast plugging it constantly. Every time I go on Youtube, his face is there.

Exactly. Some of these YouTubers have a big following because they are characters like Expressions, not because they have a bigger fan base worldwide. They all tend to play up to it as well, you get me blud?

Arsenal TV views went through the roof when other fans tuned in for a laugh to watch their latest meltdowns. Plus you have that Robbie who created it on every single football show or podcast plugging it constantly. Every time I go on Youtube, his face is there.

I find it painful to watch Expressions and Troopz, they might be characters blud, but they make my skin crawl, do you get me?

Goldbridge, the True Geordie, Jennings, Howson, McKenna and Atkinson are other notable turds in the YouTube sea of shit

As for AFTV, they're a serious business, and with their constantly growing off shoots, they're almost impossible to avoid.

Last edited:
The Blue who is on with the geordie,chelsea and rag cunts can surely do better.

You mean Buvey?

E04dS7xX0AQx_cZ.jpg

He has yet to say anything of note, he's there because we keep winning stuff and they need a token City presence to make up the numbers.

They treat him like shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.