City on YouTube/podcasts/fan channels

Detect some bitterness towards Esteemed Kompany, always seems to be fine when they’re a separate channel and “the voice of the ordinary fans” but as soon as they get involved with the club they get criticised. Ever considered that Steven has to provide for his family and make a living from what he does? Working for the club and doing freelance for other companies is a much more sustainable income than running one channel. He’s got every right to be “safe” with his analysis if it means keeping a job. It’s the same people who moan when articles are behind a paywall, how do you expect journalists to be paid? Don’t remember people complaining about buying a newspaper.

Detect some bitterness towards Esteemed Kompany, always seems to be fine when they’re a separate channel and “the voice of the ordinary fans” but as soon as they get involved with the club they get criticised. Ever considered that Steven has to provide for his family and make a living from what he does? Working for the club and doing freelance for other companies is a much more sustainable income than running one channel. He’s got every right to be “safe” with his analysis if it means keeping a job. It’s the same people who moan when articles are behind a paywall, how do you expect journalists to be paid? Don’t remember people complaining about buying a newspaper.

I don't think he's sold his soul or gone safe, I just get the impression that he likes the smell of his own farts too much. The smugness just drips from him. And now I can't un-see it anymore.

I don't think he's sold his soul or gone safe, I just get the impression that he likes the smell of his own farts too much. The smugness just drips from him. And now I can't un-see it anymore.
You just sound very jealous, he’s a very down to earth bloke, confident yes but you have to appear confident when your jobs in-front of a camera.

You just sound very jealous, he’s a very down to earth bloke, confident yes but you have to appear confident when your jobs in-front of a camera.

don't think its jealousy at all.

I'm sure he is a great bloke to get on with, I watch his videos all the time. Although still never forgive him for his stuff about punishing Bernardo over the Mendy picture.

Cheesy's podcast is great, although always seems to pick the first game fan going to city rather than any regulars.

That Big Steves stuff is very good

One thing that City fans have always been good at is self deprecation. It is part of the history of the club, the ability to laugh at ones self and at the absurdity of life. It's in the clubs DNA.

When you do a pre-match review, and basically write off the opposition, with no tactical analysis. Just dismissing them by saying that, "Man for man, none of their players get into our team. So for that reason I think we'll comfortably turn them over on Saturday by 4 or 5 goals"

It's the sort of thing an armchair rag down the pub would say. I'm not saying that you can't be confident, but back it up with some substance and from a position of knowledge. Not sweeping statements that can be clipped up and thrown back at us a few days later.

"Oh look, Jamie Carragher's just tweeted me. I'm gonna whatsapp Micah now..."

I find that stuff a bit cringe, as well.

don't think its jealousy at all.

I'm sure he is a great bloke to get on with, I watch his videos all the time. Although still never forgive him for his stuff about punishing Bernardo over the Mendy picture.

Cheesy's podcast is great, although always seems to pick the first game fan going to city rather than any regulars.

That Big Steves stuff is very good

Haha, I always thought Cheesy picked out the grey haired oldies, with massive chips on their shoulders. Funny how you saw the exact opposite!

Still very enjoyable all the same.

Esteemed Kompany doesn't hold back in his criticism if we have a stinker, he's not a happy clapper, a club stooge or a Corporal Jones. He's a knowledgeable fan who clearly loves the club and if he's guilty of anything it's his search for a silver lining in every dark cloud, but then every fan does that. To his credit he's never guilty of dismissing the existence of dark clouds.

Above all his most endearing feature is he'll admit when he doesn't know something, he's no Goldbridge, who has an opinion on everything, a solution to every problem. If the club is attacked he fights our corner as best he can, but stops well short of being a cheerleader and he does his best not to stray into those areas of which he knows nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.