City on YouTube/podcasts/fan channels

I prefer Noisy neighbours over 93/20 or BM. As for cheesy, his forever blue podcast is good, he had Nedum on last week. But unfortunately at times depending on who his fan guests are it's unlistenable, can't think of her name but the girl guest is one. The other is that Harlan who does the Bolton radio comms too, instant switch off.

I’m not certain if many forum regulars know about my interviews, audios, videos & talks that I’ve been posting over the last few years to my website but my aim is to make it a strong archive of my past writing, research, talks and interviews. Currently I’m doing a series of live online talks which are free to join (next one is on the launch of City in 1894 and the original aims of the club & key figures) being recorded. Once recorded they appear on the site free for a week then become available to subscribers.

There are a few videos & audios free for everyone to watch/listen to such as:

Noel Gallagher interview:

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2021/05/24/the-noel-gallagher-interview-part-one/

The hour long special on the significance of 2011 (including bits from my interviews over the years with Swales, Khaldoon, Cook etc.):

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2021/04/15/restored-2011-the-all-manchester-fa-cup-semi-final/

My talk on matchday at Maine Rd & support:

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2022/...tory-of-mcfc-support-match-day-at-maine-road/

If you’ve not seen the site yet then have a look, do a few searches etc. and see if it’s for you. Some of the stuff was researched written over 30 years ago - my first ever book, published in April 1989, is included as a PDF download for subscribers (Manchester A Football History is also there for subscribers). There are also audio interviews from years ago with people like Malcolm Allison and an exceptionally frank one with John Bond for subscribers. Over time I’ll post as many of the others I’ve done since 1988.

There’s lots of free content on there plus much more for subscribers only. I try to ensure there’s enough for everyone whether subscribing or not. I don’t take advertising or make money from the number of views etc. so those who do subscribe directly help my research and writing. I’m truly grateful for that support.

Finally, here’s a link to register for the free online talk on City’s 1894 launch which takes place on 1 March.

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2023/...-and-the-launch-of-mcfc-1-march-register-now/

Thanks to all those who have supported my research, writing and interviews over the years.

I prefer Noisy neighbours over 93/20 or BM. As for cheesy, his forever blue podcast is good, he had Nedum on last week. But unfortunately at times depending on who his fan guests are it's unlistenable, can't think of her name but the girl guest is one. The other is that Harlan who does the Bolton radio comms too, instant switch off.

I listened to Cheeseman’s podcast a couple of years ago and it was the same old anecdotes from the 80s combined with the views of a load of yokels from Oldham and some bloke repeatedly plugging his MOT garage business.

Just embarrassingly shit.

Maybe it’s improved.

Noisy Neighbours is great I agree.

The Kick off seems to have gone very quiet recently and it seems a few of them now have a separate podcast called The Club? doe's anyone know what happened?
Seems to have happened after True Geordie made some Islamophobic comments on a livestream that he did back in November, he's had two of his biggest sponsors in Gymshark and Pokerstars cut ties with him. My guess would be that Rory, Adam and Buvey have used the fame they have garnered from being on kickoff to create a platform that doesn't rely on TrueGeordie

Really like Cheesy’s match day vlog and his podcast is ok when he has an ex player on like Lakey or David White. Unfortunately his regular fan contributors are abysmal and it’s hard to understand what a professional broadcaster thinks the likes of Harland and the others bring to his podcast. I’m sure they are lovely people, but I can’t listen to their inane ramblings so switch off when the expert has said their bit.

Joey and Mulv on Noisy Neighbours are a great double act. They don’t claim to be experts or take themselves too seriously and can be hilarious and on point at same time.

Bluemoon pod has gone downhill for me recently and quite a few of his regulars are pretty boring but fair play to David Mooney for keeping it going for so long.

I understand I sound like a bit of a twat in my criticism, and I know people but a huge amount of time and effort in to their podcasts, but the standards are really high these days and there is lots of competition.

I’d like to listen to another City audio podcast so would welcome any suggestions!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.