City on YouTube/podcasts/fan channels

Really like Cheesy’s match day vlog and his podcast is ok when he has an ex player on like Lakey or David White. Unfortunately his regular fan contributors are abysmal and it’s hard to understand what a professional broadcaster thinks the likes of Harland and the others bring to his podcast. I’m sure they are lovely people, but I can’t listen to their inane ramblings so switch off when the expert has said their bit.

Joey and Mulv on Noisy Neighbours are a great double act. They don’t claim to be experts or take themselves too seriously and can be hilarious and on point at same time.

Bluemoon pod has gone downhill for me recently and quite a few of his regulars are pretty boring but fair play to David Mooney for keeping it going for so long.

I understand I sound like a bit of a twat in my criticism, and I know people but a huge amount of time and effort in to their podcasts, but the standards are really high these days and there is lots of competition.

I’d like to listen to another City audio podcast so would welcome any suggestions!

Already said on Cheesy's blog lately it seems like he's interviewing first timers to city all the time, or then the one lad who rambles on thinking he's a pundit.

Cheesy's is still the best out of the ones we have, hopefully the filming inside the ground doesn't affect it.

Big Steve's and Esteemed Kompanys in last few months I felt have gone downhill. Both beginning to sound more like those who go on the Arsenal channels and we should be doing this or doing that.

Tales of Blue on YouTube - A channel dedicated to Q&A interviews with former players, staff, managers & fans while also featuring a private collection of Manchester City match worn shirts.

Here's one with Alex Williams

Yes, I have enjoyed a few episodes on this excellent channel. Particularly enjoyed the Clive Allen one as he’s one of my favourite City players

I don't think so.

It's not in our DNA, I really mean that.

These bizarre guys resonate with a sizeable portion of their fan base, otherwise they'd sink for lack of clicks. They all have fan channels far bigger than ours. Our biggest is mcfc lads, then City Xtra, followed by Esteemed Kompany, but you could add the subscribers to all our fan channels and you'd struggle to make 300,000.

Goldbridge on the United Stand has 1.58 million subscribers, AFTV has 1.51 million.

We simply don't have the global fan base of our leading competitors, that is simply a fact, but one of the desirable off shoots of that is it does make our fan channels more down to earth and less hyperbolic.
Our following on Instagram is second only to United in the Premier League and seems to grow by 100,000 every week so not sure that's true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.