City player reported to police(Kolorov)

ChicagoBlue said:
1984 in 2012!

Freedom is dead!

Soon, a pamphlet will be sent along with season cards. it will contain all words that can be said. ANYTHING ELSE will be deemed outside the acceptable terms and conditions (see what I did there?!) and your "rights" to a seasoncard will be revoked and provided to someone from Asia who does not speak English and thus cannot offend anyone by saying any of the words that are not in the pamphlet provided!

And, it is such schadenfreude when I see and hear these old farts on TV getting off on this stuff on TV. I'm sure NONE of them EVER said a bad word in their 50 years on the planet. Never uttered a racist word EVER!

I'm not a fan of racist chanting, but these life sentences for saying or doing something on the spur of the moment that is non-violent seems a tad........extreme. These things should be policed by the society in which they occur, not handed down by hypocritical authorities that swing in the breeze of current public relations sentiment.

What next? If I shout at some player who dives and say "get up you big fairy" am I gay bashing now? It is getting to where you are not supposed to laugh at lines like "Don't mention the war!" in Fawlty Towers or his exaggerated goose stepping!!!

Where will it end?

It's health and safety gone mad.

ChicagoBlue said:
1984 in 2012!

Freedom is dead!

Soon, a pamphlet will be sent along with season cards. it will contain all words that can be said. ANYTHING ELSE will be deemed outside the acceptable terms and conditions (see what I did there?!) and your "rights" to a seasoncard will be revoked and provided to someone from Asia who does not speak English and thus cannot offend anyone by saying any of the words that are not in the pamphlet provided!

And, it is such schadenfreude when I see and hear these old farts on TV getting off on this stuff on TV. I'm sure NONE of them EVER said a bad word in their 50 years on the planet. Never uttered a racist word EVER!

I'm not a fan of racist chanting, but these life sentences for saying or doing something on the spur of the moment that is non-violent seems a tad........extreme. These things should be policed by the society in which they occur, not handed down by hypocritical authorities that swing in the breeze of current public relations sentiment.

What next? If I shout at some player who dives and say "get up you big fairy" am I gay bashing now? It is getting to where you are not supposed to laugh at lines like "Don't mention the war!" in Fawlty Towers or his exaggerated goose stepping!!!

Where will it end?

Don't know if you missed my post above? A bloke who had a row with three spanish women said "the trouble with these bloody foreigners is..." and he was prosecuted for it! YCNMIU

As I said in my post, half of the Fawlty Towers episodes would have the actors in court these days. Utterly ridiculous situation/

So lets get this straight for example when Rio was celebrating to city fans if one of those fans complained and said rio called me a input a racist remark the police have to investigate it?

Hamann Pineapple said:
Does anyone know what Kolarov actually said to upset the Albanians ?

Rumours going round he said Norman Wisdom is shit.

brill !!

order of Enver Hoxha 3rd class for comic punditry

Serbs hate Albanians because of Kosovo. Kosovo gained independence from Serbia after Slobodan Milosevic tried to kill them off. It has medieval religious mythological significance to Serbs even though it was populated by 90% of Albanians. Serbs typically say they were forced out by Albanians, but the fact is that they didn't really want to live there, and Albanians have a crazy high birthrate.

At any rate, I believe Kolarov probably felt he was provoked by the flag, and based on his hot rod personality, he probably did curse at them and said something derogatory. IMO, he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Question: Do the players have recourse to report fans if they are racially or ethnically abused?

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
bluesoup said:
Still unsure about what happened here. Anyone know what was said?

From a Newcastle forum
A couple of quotes from N-O from people who were sat around the Albanian lads.

The Albanian lads are there quite often apparently. From someone who sits a few rows behind, Kolarov saw the flag, started shouting at them and there was a bit back and forth in either Albanian or Serbian. When asked what was going on they say he called them 'sons of whores' and 'gypsies'.

Saw this booting off from our seats. Kolarov was warming up then a dude in the front row started going mental, standing up and having a massive go at kolarov, then called the steward over who then spoke to kolarov. No idea what was said cos we sit under the boxes, but the bloke was obviously not happy with kolarov

Albanian not happy with a Serb. Dog bites man. No story here. Hang on, is that a City dog that bites a defenceless man, and is that Serb a City player? Way-hay, 200 column inches here we come, constant loop on SSNakesTV till Friday!!!!!

footballfan2345 said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
bluesoup said:
Still unsure about what happened here. Anyone know what was said?

From a Newcastle forum
A couple of quotes from N-O from people who were sat around the Albanian lads.

The Albanian lads are there quite often apparently. From someone who sits a few rows behind, Kolarov saw the flag, started shouting at them and there was a bit back and forth in either Albanian or Serbian. When asked what was going on they say he called them 'sons of whores' and 'gypsies'.

Saw this booting off from our seats. Kolarov was warming up then a dude in the front row started going mental, standing up and having a massive go at kolarov, then called the steward over who then spoke to kolarov. No idea what was said cos we sit under the boxes, but the bloke was obviously not happy with kolarov

Load of shite, nobody speaks albanian in Serbia. On the other hand, only Albanians that speak serbian are the ones from Kosovo. Generally they don't speak serbian well, after all, their grandparents came over the border illegally, breed like rabbits (8+ kids was average for illegals from Albania) never intergrated with the locals and eventually pushed all the others out with their primitive and often criminal behaviour. So, it is highly unlikely that Kolarov shouted abuse at them in Albanian.

Stop talkin shit..8+ kids you say, criminal behaviour ? You sure know alot about them..Alot of them speak Serbian and most likely the words were exchanged in Serbian..

Stop press
Kolarov may get lifetime karaoki ban following his version 'Jingle Bells' on day 2 of MCFC advent calendar.
Happy Christmas Blues

Link
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/advent-calendar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/advent-calendar.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.