City players who never fulfilled their potential?

Re: City players who never fulfilled there potential?

Michael Hughes, ruined by Sam Ellis, anyone at that cup game at Boro will know what i mean

Barry Conlon!!

This thread could run and run we've got so many.

Miguel Vuoso is another.

Was going to say Gary Mason (remember him!?)

But TERRY DUNFIELD!!! - played that last game of the season for the first team against Chelsea I think, and looked quality, composed on the ball. Then never saw him again

Nedum Onuoha without a doubt. I think he's 24 now but I remember as an 18 year old breaking through he was going to be something special. I think his amazing athleticism carried him in the juniors whch may have overshadowed the fact he is not thechnically a world beater. I really don't want to wrire him off just yet though.

Definately Lee Croft as well, I heard a stat that he was the most capped player ever at England youth level? Don't know if anyone can verify.

I recon Robbie Fowler as well under KK. If he had got himself into good shape, he really could have been fantastic for City. I was so excited when we signed him, gutted it didn't work out. Him and Anelka in their pomp would have been something to behold!!!

Stephen Elliot and Paddy McCarthy also under in Pearce era...not to mention Georgios Samaras. Hang on, this thread is for never filled there potential - Sorry he must of slipped in from my complete waste of space list!

I

I remember the kippax said:
Pigeonho said:
Unfortunately I get the feeling this thread, when resurrected years down the line, will contain the name 'Michael Johnson'. :-(

and I am sad to say Vladimir Weiss ;-(
I think he will fulfill his potential, whether its with us or not though is another matter.

I'm gonna say Ade Mike. I remember him being in the sticker album from maybe 97??? as City's up and comming star... never saw him again!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.