City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

Worse, I've seen them inside the ground too.

They do band versions of the oh Kevin chant, Bernardo etc etc....top cringe

Edit....try not to punch the screen....

Her's a top tip, try not taking the pre match entertainment and yourself so seriously. You'll find yo will enjoy your day at the games far more enjoyable. It is what it is, or just miss out the the pre match stuff entirely.

Same with the parrots pub next to Holt Town tram, rumours of reopening this year came to nothing
Spoons and Greene King both wanted new builds near the stadium and both were ‘gently advised’ not to even bother with the expense of scoping reports
Travelling out to the Etihad I see lots of pubs, all closed.

I think that the lack of open pubs in the area is nothing to do with conspiracy theories about MCFC and Manchester City Council.

It’s all down to the economics of running a pub with very few residents in the area. You can’t rely on revenue from around 25 home matches a season.

It could well be very different once the Arena is opened and more houses built?

i dont think stripprs is very PC for the football day experience ;)
Well I didn't hang round to see if they removed their clothing, I assumed it would be like 'Strictly...' or something. You seem to know more about it than me.

Didn’t know what it wanted to be.

Why they feel the need to shout the players names as they’re getting off the coach, have interviews, do silly games and worst of all offer their opinions when they’re just presenters is beyond me.

When people are having a beer and a chat pre-game, they don’t need anything other than goals on the screens and tunes coming out of the speakers. Yet they ran it like it was a Saturday evening television entertainment show on ITV.

It spoke volumes that it was rammed at Summerbees and at the food bit, yet sparsely populated in front of the stage.

Knowing what City are like and the cheese on toast they push out, I’m a bit worried about what the new CitySq will be like. City need to understand that about 90%+ of the people in attendance are adult men, so don’t aim 90% of the stuff in places like CitySq at under 9s.
my feeling entirely on the subject articulated perfectly and the same opinion held by 99.9% of fellow blues i know.

Her's a top tip, try not taking the pre match entertainment and yourself so seriously. You'll find yo will enjoy your day at the games far more enjoyable. It is what it is, or just miss out the the pre match stuff entirely.
Hey, thanks for the passive aggressive top tip, anything else I should like/dislike?

I think I have stumbled into the Victor Meldrew thread!

We don't half have some moaning fun sponges on this forum! It was a bit of pre match entertainment if you did'nt like it there's plenty more things to see or do
I agree, nobody forces you to watch it.

I can take it or leave it as I am only there for the football and the occasional chips with spicy curry from across the road at the South Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.