City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

Its idea was good but they didn’t really attract the right bands or guest. I would have thought they would target families more rather than hardcore supporters. They should have incorporated away fans more too.

I've never lingered, just passed through, so can't really comment. Looked full when the weather was nice, so I'm guessing it was enjoyable enough for some.
I'm in 93:20 so can go in there for 2 hours before KO, and they have a busker in the middle bar before and after. Quite often it's a bonny looking, young 'townie blonde' type lass who gets rapturous applause after each song. Others barely get a ripple, which always amuses me! Can be quite good after big matches, everyone joining in with 'Wonderwall' and stuff like that. They did the 'Follow you...' song quite a bit last season...loved a bit of 'Aaaaawwwwoooooo'ing.

I can honestly say since having a season ticket from 2011 I’ve never stuck around and watched/listened to anyone on there. Only time I have was the 2011 Fa cup semi final I’m sure they shown it there? Or was it outside summerbee bar

Its idea was good but they didn’t really attract the right bands or guest. I would have thought they would target families more rather than hardcore supporters. They should have incorporated away fans more too.

Agreed.

Howson(Might As Well Be Celtic) should be the first guest Rag speaker when the new 3000 capacity Fanzone opens up.

The fact that it's completely full every single match would say otherwise. Whether it's the surrounding bars or central stage area - it's one of the biggest non-footballing success stories the club have introduced and like I've said previously - it has been so successful that they're designing an entire end around the concept. That tells me that they're doing almost everything right.

The fact that it's completely full every single match would say otherwise. Whether it's the surrounding bars or central stage area - it's one of the biggest non-footballing success stories the club have introduced and like I've said previously - it has been so successful that they're designing an entire end around the concept. That tells me that they're doing almost everything right.
Apart from when it was raining and or bitterly cold during the Winter months.

There were more people on either side of the souvenir store in the bars buying drinks and food.

I’ve walked past it a few times and a tumbleweed rolled past me considering the amount of people that were milling around the area and around the stadium.

I’m sure the 3000 capacity ’indoor venue/hall’ will be much more popular.

The new indoor venue/hall will have to cater for all ages, which won’t be easy to do. If that doesn’t happen the new venue will end up with either adults who would rather drink and listen to music, that’s where the money is, or families who would rather be entertained in some way or another by the presenters.

Is there anything lined up for this coming season? Whether you liked the cafe, the bars the stage or not, in general they were always well used, and where a lot met up before going into the ground, as has been mentioned there is a lack of drinking establishments around the ground.
Perhaps they could utilise part of the athletics stadium, with temporary bars and the food outlets, then you have the covered seats along with standing areas on the running track, and set up temporary stage and screen. I think a lot who are slating it will in fact miss it.

Apart from when it was raining and or bitterly cold during the Winter months.

There were more people on either side of the souvenir store in the bars buying drinks and food.

I’ve walked past it a few times and a tumbleweed rolled past me considering the amount of people that were milling around the area and around the stadium.

I’m sure the 3000 capacity ’indoor venue/hall’ will be much more popular.

The new indoor venue/hall will have to cater for all ages, which won’t be easy to do. If that doesn’t happen the new venue will end up with either adults who would rather drink and listen to music, that’s where the money is, or families who would rather be entertained in some way or another.

Of course, that’s why they’re building one with a roof!

What you really mean by ‘adults’ is ‘lads out on the piss’ let’s be real here.

This idea of yours for a cornered off section for these ‘adults’ is quite bizarre and shows how you don’t really understand what’s going on and what makes City Square the major success it has been.

The fact that you think these ‘adults’ also spend more money than families couldn’t be more wrong either. That’s complete nonsense. I think most people here would admit that clubs make more money these days from the latter on a match day.

This is an area of the ground where people feel comfortable to go without being surrounded by idiots and coke heads. It’s full of families and long time blues who love to populate bars like Summerbees. There’s already a great mix and a nice atmosphere and the new City Square will only make it a greater experience than we have already.

If people don’t like it and want something different then they can go to Mary D’s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.