City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

Didn’t know what it wanted to be.

Why they feel the need to shout the players names as they’re getting off the coach, have interviews, do silly games and worst of all offer their opinions when they’re just presenters is beyond me.

When people are having a beer and a chat pre-game, they don’t need anything other than goals on the screens and tunes coming out of the speakers. Yet they ran it like it was a Saturday evening television entertainment show on ITV.

It spoke volumes that it was rammed at Summerbees and at the food bit, yet sparsely populated in front of the stage.

Knowing what City are like and the cheese on toast they push out, I’m a bit worried about what the new CitySq will be like. City need to understand that about 90%+ of the people in attendance are adult men, so don’t aim 90% of the stuff in places like CitySq at under 9s.
Apologies if someone has already said this, but wasn't it live broadcast for the app so the reason it looked like light entertainment TV is that there was a bigger audience there? No idea who was watching it, mind,

Kids loved running on it on non-match days when we nipped up for a kick about/shop but other than that never bothered with it...

Of course, that’s why they’re building one with a roof!

What you really mean by ‘adults’ is ‘lads out on the piss’ let’s be real here.

This idea of yours for a cornered off section for these ‘adults’ is quite bizarre and shows how you don’t really understand what’s going on and what makes City Square the major success it has been.

The fact that you think these ‘adults’ also spend more money than families couldn’t be more wrong either. That’s complete nonsense. I think most people here would admit that clubs make more money these days from the latter on a match day.

This is an area of the ground where people feel comfortable to go without being surrounded by idiots and coke heads. It’s full of families and long time blues who love to populate bars like Summerbees. There’s already a great mix and a nice atmosphere and the new City Square will only make it a greater experience than we have already.

If people don’t like it and want something different then they can go to Mary D’s.
As a lad who on match days is out on the piss I wholly endorse this new move.

The family fun day shite is beyond tedious.

Mary D's is a shithole and with a bit of luck this new fanzone will be the nail in the coffin. Isn't the landlord a rag? Jacks prices up on match days and it's full of the sort of scruffs who make Shameless look like Downton Abbey.

Of course, that’s why they’re building one with a roof!

What you really mean by ‘adults’ is ‘lads out on the piss’ let’s be real here.

This idea of yours for a cornered off section for these ‘adults’ is quite bizarre and shows how you don’t really understand what’s going on and what makes City Square the major success it has been.

The fact that you think these ‘adults’ also spend more money than families couldn’t be more wrong either. That’s complete nonsense. I think most people here would admit that clubs make more money these days from the latter on a match day.

This is an area of the ground where people feel comfortable to go without being surrounded by idiots and coke heads. It’s full of families and long time blues who love to populate bars like Summerbees. There’s already a great mix and a nice atmosphere and the new City Square will only make it a greater experience than we have already.

If people don’t like it and want something different then they can go to Mary D’s.
Had about two drinks in City Sq in my life on summer days. Why people would want to drink crap from plastic cups if freezing or wet conditions is beyond me, but each to their own. The only decent part was the Bands which I did watch occasionally. Never set foot in Mary Ds, drink in Town in proper Pubs which if you go into the Hare and Hounds or Pubs in that area you will find long time Blues and no Coke Heads. The roof is a great idea but have they said yet if there is going to be a membership charge. Nothing at City is Free these days except the Bogs and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to charge for these in the future.

Had about two drinks in City Sq in my life on summer days. Why people would want to drink crap from plastic cups if freezing or wet conditions is beyond me, but each to their own. The only decent part was the Bands which I did watch occasionally. Never set foot in Mary Ds, drink in Town in proper Pubs which if you go into the Hare and Hounds or Pubs in that area you will find long time Blues and no Coke Heads. The roof is a great idea but have they said yet if there is going to be a membership charge. Nothing at City is Free these days except the Bogs and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to charge for these in the future.
Fucking hell...moan moan fucking moan...

Hope they don't bring in cheerleaders like they have at rugby league nowadays. Feels a bit noncey.
I was just thinking along similar lines.
Prior to the 1998 World Cup, my company did some Market Research for McEwans Lager.

McEwans had this bright idea of selling beer and burgers in public parks, with loud music and big screens, so that fans of all ages could stand together prior to the big games.

It seems so obvious now, but in the 1990s, it was all a bit revolutionary.

Every casual football supporter (especially those with with young children) thought the idea was superb
Every passionate football supporter, (especially those who only identified with one club) thought it was shite

Thank you X 100 for expressing how I've felt about useless Pike for years.

I've always thought she was utterly awful at her job and that voice ...arrgghhhh. you can tell she's putting on the manc bit.

Only great thing about the stage was when Mike McLean was on it. The low point was either Natalie screeching or when that band who plays the chants comes on....cringe as fuck.

I'll miss it for when I was stood alone in Summerbees awaiting the arrival of my mates and it provided something different, but just went lame in the last 3 years.
Wittering Natalie I’ve always called her, can’t stand her or her screeching voice.

Reactions: PPT
It was ok, but it just became too much of a cheese fest. I don’t want to hear those presenters screeching through their mics. Most of our matchgoing fan base are adult males and it just completely missed that group out and was more like a kids show.

It’s miles better in town or in a pub somewhere.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.