City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

to Be fair there’s not many drinking places close to the stadium and I admire the club for trying to make a good match day experience, gives a good platform for up and coming bands and somewhere to go before the match, will be better undercover, normally visit during good weather and traffic permitting, keep up the good work City in trying to create a good match day experience and good atmosphere within the stadium. If it wasn’t a success they probably wouldn’t spend money in incorporating within the new stadium.

Yep. It’s one of the biggest successes off the pitch we’ve had. The result has been so positive that we’re designing an entire end around the concept. Other clubs are aware of how well it has worked as well.

City square was great, has had its time & was becoming a bit fragmented in its direction, it was trying to be all things to all people. We now have a very unique opportunity to do something great. We have an amazing facility for families within the fanzone & various other initiatives around the ground, we have coach arrivals for day trippers & fanboys (and the rest for big games:) but what we really need is a big beer hall with good food, lots of tables and big screens. What goes on in there can change from match to match, if they have a decent artist or comedian on I’d pay a few extra quid to get in. Maybe they’ll target families & make City Hall for those who like a beer, it’s big enough

I didnt mind it. But the lack of seats did not help. My mate is 71 and he struggles to stand for long periods so has to go in ground early. If there was more seats or even some seats it wud have had more spectators

With a 3000 capacity, which is bigger than many small to medium sized concert venues in the city centre, City could book some proper Mancunian artists and bands to do a live hour set. Even if it was acoustic set. The Slow Readers Club, Badly Drawn Boy, Elbow, The Blossoms, dear I say it, Noel, Liam, etc.

2022 has really seen the rise of some great new bands in the Manchester music scene and I’ve had the pleasure of working with quite a few of them myself. In my list I’ve included everything from new music that I’ve been listening to a lot, to live shows I’ve seen this year from local bands that have really impressed me. These bands are all really worth checking out, huge recommendation for all of them!

Slow Readers are a good band but all reds iirc

to Be fair there’s not many drinking places close to the stadium and I admire the club for trying to make a good match day experience, gives a good platform for up and coming bands and somewhere to go before the match, will be better undercover, normally visit during good weather and traffic permitting, keep up the good work City in trying to create a good match day experience and good atmosphere within the stadium. If it wasn’t a success they probably wouldn’t spend money in incorporating within the new stadium.
I suspect the club and their ‘partners’ at the council are very much part of the reason why there are virtually no pubs anywhere near the ground, tbf
We and they want it all in house once the arena opens
Spoons, Greene King etc have all been knocked back and told not to even bother asking for a licence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.