City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

I liked watching some of the bands that played a few years ago, I liked the concept of giving them a stage, but I found the rest of it a bit dull, I haven't bothered with it since pre covid, the bands are usually shown on the big screens, and all the security bollocks getting in, means we tend to go in before the bigger queues build up these days.

Yep. It’s one of the biggest successes off the pitch we’ve had. The result has been so positive that we’re designing an entire end around the concept. Other clubs are aware of how well it has worked as well.
Yes tbf other clubs are trying to copy us now, not least the odd lot from Trafford.
Sadly they were usurped and gazumped by their own kind when the Greedy Bastards of 92 shilled for Peter Lim and Chinese investors to open ‘Hotel Football’
So all that money is being dragged to China, Singapore, Bury, Oldham and Essex

I suspect the club and their ‘partners’ at the council are very much part of the reason why there are virtually no pubs anywhere near the ground, tbf
We and they want it all in house once the arena opens
Spoons, Greene King etc have all been knocked back and told not to even bother asking for a licence

there is (was) talk of the Bank of England reopening. Not sure if that is still a goer.
What premises have spoons and Greens King been knocked back on, out of interest.

There was hardly anyone ever watching the band on the stage especially when it was pissing it down. The occasional celeb/ ex player got a bit more of a look. But The ones that looked really pitiful we’re the lone artists with a guitar and small amp stood under a gazebo singing Wonderwall etc. Completely pointless and probably a bit demoralising

there is (was) talk of the Bank of England reopening. Not sure if that is still a goer.
What premises have spoons and Greens King been knocked back on, out of interest.
Same with the parrots pub next to Holt Town tram, rumours of reopening this year came to nothing
Spoons and Greene King both wanted new builds near the stadium and both were ‘gently advised’ not to even bother with the expense of scoping reports

There was hardly anyone ever watching the band on the stage especially when it was pissing it down. The occasional celeb/ ex player got a bit more of a look. But The ones that looked really pitiful we’re the lone artists with a guitar and small amp stood under a gazebo singing Wonderwall etc. Completely pointless and probably a bit demoralising
The red I know was on the big stage performing solo, we all piled in and absolutely slaughtered the fucker for 20 minutes. Rules are rules
Tbf he took it like a man and still talks about it to this day
“Not even in the worst 5 hecklers I ever had”

The only time I ever really enjoyed people on the stage, when we employed the comedian who took the piss out of fans who entered these bloody quizzes etc.
His piss taking was wonderful and did bring a lot of laughter.
Think he worked for the Beeb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.