City To Be Presented With The PL Trophy If Champions On Sunday

Our fans didn't invade the pitch at Brighton when we won it in 2019. Plenty of people in the bottom tier choose not to invade the pitch. Nobody invades the pitch at Wembley. So this idea that it's some sort of emotional release is for the birds.

I've seen a lot of people arguing that what happened to Olsen was minimal. That may be the case, but it's his space being invaded. If a relatively minor incident like that can land us with a large fine then God help us if something even remotely serious happens.

Pitch invasions are not a City tradition. Lots of fans of lots of clubs have done them before. They're an act of selfish exhibitionism.

It may end up being impractical or irrelevant (depending on the result of the game), but if anyone does invade the pitch on Sunday then at the very least they should be banned. Anyone vandalising the goalposts or goading the opposition in their faces should be prosecuted.

Our fans didn't invade the pitch at Brighton when we won it in 2019. Plenty of people in the bottom tier choose not to invade the pitch. Nobody invades the pitch at Wembley. So this idea that it's some sort of emotional release is for the birds.

I've seen a lot of people arguing that what happened to Olsen was minimal. That may be the case, but it's his space being invaded. If a relatively minor incident like that can land us with a large fine then God help us if something even remotely serious happens.

Pitch invasions are not a City tradition. Lots of fans of lots of clubs have done them before. They're an act of selfish exhibitionism.

It may end up being impractical or irrelevant (depending on the result of the game), but if anyone does invade the pitch on Sunday then at the very least they should be banned. Anyone vandalising the goalposts or goading the opposition in their faces should be prosecuted.
To be honest the club might say leave it until the last day if we do win it to save a few quid in fines!

Don’t even think about trophy presentations at this stage. Next up Real Madrid, I’m doing a scouting mission, just in case, on the other semi final tonight then all attention turns to Chelsea after the game tomorrow.
For what it’s worth, I’d rather not see another pitch invasion, id rather see the robot Viking going ballistic on the pitch with his teammates. He may even shed a tear, he’s a City fan like us, playing for his team, the emotion might get to him, and we won’t see it if he has to leg it off the pitch.
Call me sentimental but this one, if we do it, will mean an awful lot. First one without my pal so I know I’ll be fighting back tears ( if we do it)

There is always lingering thought that we might just fuck it up, I’m kind of glad we haven’t developed that arrogance of certainty it keeps us humble, we know nothing is guaranteed so when we do triumph it’s even better for us
Think arsenal would fuck it up before us.

Pitch invasion incoming :-)
Anyone & I mean anyone entering espeacialy being our 5th in 6 seasons should be tasered

It's a fucking shambles & will be another embarrassing day if this is allowed to happen

Whatever needs to be done to stop the fucking clowns climbing over then craic on

3 lines of stewards, army & police + the 2 sets of advertising boards should be enough, if individuals then keep trying just shoot the fuckers

Anyone & I mean anyone entering espeacialy being our 5th in 6 seasons should be tasered

It's a fucking shambles & will be another embarrassing day if this is allowed to happen

Whatever needs to be done to stop the fucking clowns climbing over then craic on

3 lines of stewards, army & police + the 2 sets of advertising boards should be enough, if individuals then keep trying just shoot the fuckers
you sound like a nice lad
last year there was plenty of stewards but when the final whistel went, off they went didnt try to stop anyone

Another great pitch invasion.

Look at the players being carried off the pitch by the fans and the celebrations. Pure joy, ecstasy and addrenalin.

Wigan were definitely robbed. A stone wall penalty denied, a Goater handball goal, not to mention an iffy ref, and hitting the City bar. It was just one of those nights when everything went City’s way.

I was 32 at the time. Had a season ticket in the North stand, R Block. And I did go on the pitch. :-) (I need to grow up)

The FOC’s will remember the game.

View attachment 79332

I was there that night but didn’t go on the pitch for some reason.

I made up for it the following season though, at the final home game against Birmingham, which was on a Friday night if I recall correctly.

That was a mental pitch invasion, particularly given that we hadn’t even been promoted at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.