City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

jrb said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
JRB are we doing both ends or just the south stand? Has it been confirmed yet?

Don't know mate. Does anyone?

Oakie. ;-) Loving the sarcastic tone of that post.

i looked at all your pictures you posted on the other forum you go on and just looking though them all i cant believe how fast this has all come,it only seems like yesterday that they announced the new academy setup yet we are only 5-6 months for it all to be completed.

jrb said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:

I'm guessing once planning permission is granted then there will be some form of announcement and presentation. Then we will find out if both ends are to be done I suppose nothing will be made public before planning as we wouldn't want to be seen jumping the gun and taking the council decision for granted.

If they do both ends will the store and square need to be moved for construction ?

nmc said:
In terms of doing the two ends - I would suspect they will do the South Stand first (that bit is now obvious!) and monitor the situation between now and the end of 2014 - at some point they need to press the button on the North Stand - to move the contractors and equipment etc.. on to that when the South Stand is completed (or calla halt and just complete the SS) - there will be a cost saving by moving straight from one to the other. No doubt the contractor(s) will have option(s) to continue and do the North Stand. I think its unlikely they won't do both in the next 5 years - so it won't make sense to pause for 2 years between developments - better to press on and get it done. On a separate point if they only do the South Stand does that mean only the Southern ends of the East and West Stands become semi corporate? i.e. there will be no corporate area behind the North Stand to have that half time 'pink gin'.

This was asked at the fan consultation the club said that it was either South Stand and the North Stand at a later date or both at the same time This is because the desire is to complete any construction for the Rugby World Cup They did say that they hoped that the outcome would be both at the same time as this was the cheapest option but the decision would be based on numerous criteria of which they didn't go into. Like buying Messi?

blueparrot said:
jrb said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:

I'm guessing once planning permission is granted then there will be some form of announcement and presentation. Then we will find out if both ends are to be done I suppose nothing will be made public before planning as we wouldn't want to be seen jumping the gun and taking the council decision for granted.

If they do both ends will the store and square need to be moved for construction ?

I reckon we have already jumped the gun :) There is no way MCC will refuse our planning application.

As a guest from over the Mancunian way ( actually I can see it if I just get one foot on the table and the other Errmmff) am I allowed a joke without incurring a ban?

GXCity said:
blueparrot said:
jrb said:

I reckon we have already jumped the gun :) There is no way MCC will refuse our planning application.

No I agree but it's probably good manners not to make big announcements before the official green light.
Do you know of any contigency for the City Square if the do both ends together ?

Stretford Ender said:
As a guest from over the Mancunian way ( actually I can see it if I just get one foot on the table and the other Errmmff) am I allowed a joke without incurring a ban?

Not on this thread. This and the Campus thread are informative ones detailing what is going on with our developments off the pitch

GXCity said:
Stretford Ender said:

Not on this thread. This and the Campus thread are informative ones detailing what is going on with our developments off the pitch
Right.

blueparrot said:
GXCity said:
blueparrot said:

By jumping the gun I mean that the work has already started. You do not go to all of the expense of design and testing without having a provisional green light from the council.

No I agree but it's probably good manners not to make big announcements before the official green light.

-- Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:06 pm --

blueparrot said:
GXCity said:
blueparrot said:

Do you know of any contigency for the City Square if the do both ends together ?

I have been through the Store and City Square before and was told I was wrong so can't be arsed doing it again. All I will say is go on the OS or MEN and look at the artist impressions of the extended stadium for the answer.

Stretford Ender said:
GXCity said:
Stretford Ender said:

Right.

Well you've hit 100 posts now so why don't you start a new thread with your "joke"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.