City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

People appear to be assuming disabled only means someone is for example blind or wheelchair bound.

It doesn’t.

There’s a lad in my work who has dyslexia and one who has adhd and both are classed as disabled.

There’s also a woman on a different team who is disabled due to menopause symptoms.

They should get free parking at city?

Come on ffs.
But that doesn’t mean they may be entitled to a blue badge. That is a different criteria entirely.

But that doesn’t mean they may be entitled to a blue badge. That is a different criteria entirely.
Yes apply through your local council , they have strict criteria .Tameside council charge £10 and is easy to complete online would imagine it's the same for all councils

The argument now seems to be turning towards 'City are doing it because people booked but didn't turn up'.
The fact that they are disabled might be the very reason they couldn't attend. Perhaps their carer/support worker had been taken ill. There are many genuine reasons why somebody booked a spot but then did not attend. I would be very suprised if it was because they simply couldn't be bothered.
I am suprised by some people's attitude towards this. We should all be fighting as supporters for lower ticket prices, cheaper parking, (free for the disabled) better benefits for us ALL.

Yes apply through your local council , they have strict criteria .Tameside council charge £10 and is easy to complete online would imagine it's the same for all councils
I know exactly how to apply thank you. Fortunately not for myself but for my sister who has secondary progressive MS. This forum eh? Let’s just say ‘there but for the grace of God, go I’.

It's become noticeable that the club are gradually leaving many original, pre take-over, fans behind. Success on the field and building state of the art facilities that will ultimately provide a good monetary return, does not equate to actually caring and being considerate.
I gave up hope long ago of a Franck Muller or Patek Phillip in the Season Ticket gift box ;-, - (oh look another scarf), but the completely unnecessary decision to do this, is an absolutely shameful disgrace.

The argument now seems to be turning towards 'City are doing it because people booked but didn't turn up'.
The fact that they are disabled might be the very reason they couldn't attend. Perhaps their carer/support worker had been taken ill. There are many genuine reasons why somebody booked a spot but then did not attend. I would be very suprised if it was because they simply couldn't be bothered.
I am suprised by some people's attitude towards this. We should all be fighting as supporters for lower ticket prices, cheaper parking, (free for the disabled) better benefits for us ALL.

Exactly this. Sadly we get the "If you can't afford it/don't like it stop going" attitude. Even more sadly the club are now in the position to take the same stance due to our recent success and are doing so.

Exactly this. Sadly we get the "If you can't afford it/don't like it stop going" attitude. Even more sadly the club are now in the position to take the same stance due to our recent success and are doing so.

Yes if you listened to some on here you cannot expect a club which annually boasts one of the biggest turnovers in the football world, pays 40/50 million pound transfer fees for players they hardly use, to not take a couple of 100k in revenue to allow blue badge holders (who have already forked out for a ticket) free parking to make there like a bit more comfortable/easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.