City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

Why because I don't believe parking should be free for some and not others. It's today's world isn't it, if you don't agree with me your a wum lol.

No I have no problem people having different views, but a wum is a different matter.

Not much you can do to escape it Frank.

It’s the economic system we exist in.

It doesn’t make City a “disgrace” or any of the other adjectives used in this thread.

It’s true it is hard to escape it.

I think it makes us part of the problem though. Football used to be almost a community asset, something for working class people to enjoy at an affordable price and were only talking 30 years ago. Like everything it’s being monetised as another method of concentrating wealth in the hands of the few.

The best hope is for an independent regulator and fans to act together, to pressure political parties, for change.

Is there a parking charge for away disabled fans ? Or are just the home fans getting charged. Also is it common for clubs to charge away fans for disabled parking ?

50%. They should pay anyway, very lucky to have it free for so long. Parking is extortionate everywhere, we should all get it cheaper, but no reason for disability spaces to be free.b
Maybe it was originally introduced as a little perk for them because the poor sods have to live with a disability

To qualify for a free PA I had to prove I am entitled to higher rate PIP or DLA.
As for parking I will have no choice but to pay, as unless I can park in the Orange car park I won’t be able to attend matches so my seasoncard becomes useless. Having a parking ‘seasoncard’ will do away with the stress of having to hope I can secure a place on a match by match basis. As with the match tickets there must surely be the opportunity to sell the space for any matches I am unable to attend (a rarity) However, for £12 per game (I hope cup games are included in the price as a bonus should there be a home tie) I expect a numbered allocated space that meets my needs (to be as close to the East reception car park gate as possible because I can’t walk up the slope and I need a wheelchair space rather than an ambulant space).
I am in the fortunate position that I am able to pay, if necessary, but I feel for those less fortunate than myself. Maybe other benefits could be taken into account when deciding on charges?
Thanks for the consultation City.

If it includes cup games and we have a few FAC and LC games in addition to at least 4 CL games then it's down to about £9 per game which is close to the cheapest unofficial car parks around the area.
I'm in two minds about this as I agree that a blue badge doesn't always mean reduced income and it's likely a carer and/or friends could be with the disabled person therefore reducing the cost per person.
However I also agree that this is unlikely to be a major income generator and shows the club in a bad light.
It will be charged per game I’m sure, like it is now.
Most of the away games I attended, the clubs charged for Blue Badge Parking.
EG.. Wolves (10), Leicester (10), Forest (10j, Sheff U (12.50). Leeds (Free), Southampton (Free), Newcastle (Not available, use multi Storey in Eldon Square). Wembley Stadium £27.50

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.