City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

That is not on but my local hosp have been charging blue badge holders for a long tme , it is not new thing unfortunately , it stinks, petition Soriano and get him to change his mind
Think they would need to do a survey of all ST holders to establish their financial situation??

Many many disabled badge holders that I know are wadded.
Many ST holders I know are struggling

A blue badge just means you can park as near as possible

Disgraceful. If 200 cars turn up on this scheme for say 30 home games next season that's £72k earned. Not needed in the grand scheme of things. By all means make it a one / two strike and out for the season policy for booking with a blue badge and not coming to limit losses, have the attendants check to ensure the actual badge holder is with the party and if not its a season long ban but to charge?

United charge, Arsenal do not, lets keep with the Gooners on this one.

Not the family club we once were.

We haven't been for a while let's be honest.
I've stated elsewhere we are a business first and foremost now, I still respect the groundwork put in and what's been done for the surrounding area mind.
This is an utter disgrace though - and worryingly shows an ability to shoot ourselves in the foot by giving the media something else to highlight against us. That is small in comparison to the impact on those with blue badges however.
Sooner they reconsider this position the better

OK, I'm going to get pelters for this ,but. I have no problem with vehicles with disabled badges getting a car park at the stadium which is conveniently sited for easier access. In fact any carpark. However it is my view, being disabled does not mean that you should not pay. I do not know for sure what incomes the holders of the blue badges have but I am on basic state pension and have to pay for my parking in the area. Are blue badge holders treated any differently re the price of Season Tickets?
I have to agree. Of course provisions to make access easier for persons with a disability is taken for granted, but being disabled does not automatically mean you have a lower income.
A close friend of mine worked at a very high level for a S.Wales County Council. He had a form of MS. The council gave him a interest free loan in order to adapt his car, a parking spot right by the main entrance, moved his office to the ground floor, a special office chair and desk set plus other considerations for his condition. All perfectly fine
But free parking...his salary was <>£65,000 pa. Abled bodied staff, some on close to minimum wage had to pay £10 per day.

Think they would need to do a survey of all ST holders to establish their financial situation??

Many many disabled badge holders that I know are wadded.
Many ST holders I know are struggling
it is not strictly about how much money you have although it has been proved that being disabled cost much more than not being . The badge is to give access to places that you wouldnt get otherwise , it is there so that those of us who cant walk far can still access the same places as everyone else can . Cant believe some ,posts in here today , people so willing to hate on disabled people now !

OK, I'm going to get pelters for this ,but. I have no problem with vehicles with disabled badges getting a car park at the stadium which is conveniently sited for easier access. In fact any carpark. However it is my view, being disabled does not mean that you should not pay. I do not know for sure what incomes the holders of the blue badges have but I am on basic state pension and have to pay for my parking in the area. Are blue badge holders treated any differently re the price of Season Tickets?
Plenty of pensioners are in a good financial position. Presumably you think it would be a good idea to stop concessions for FOCs as well ? If not why not ?

It’s not really a surprise is it. All the club care about is making money.

We as fans have no voice or actual power to stop things like this, which is why we need a proper supporters trust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.