City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

Plenty of pensioners are in a good financial position. Presumably you think it would be a good idea to stop concessions for FOCs as well ? If not why not ?
Haven’t Spurs done away with pensioner concessions? Maybe City are on that slippery slope?

OK, I'm going to get pelters for this ,but. I have no problem with vehicles with disabled badges getting a car park at the stadium which is conveniently sited for easier access. In fact any carpark. However it is my view, being disabled does not mean that you should not pay. I do not know for sure what incomes the holders of the blue badges have but I am on basic state pension and have to pay for my parking in the area. Are blue badge holders treated any differently re the price of Season Tickets?
Re your last sentence. I just checked and the season card for the disabled is priced the same as the 18-21 or just over half the price of the full price ticket.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but my sister, who has a blue badge, told me if she buys a season ticket she gets a companion ticket free. If true that’s a sweet deal. Two for half the price of one.

That is not on but my local hosp have been charging blue badge holders for a long tme , it is not new thing unfortunately , it stinks, petition Soriano and get him to change his mind
Our local hospital also did at one point, until an almighty row kicked off so free disabled parking was re-introduced. Going back to City, they have judged this wrongly, I think and could do with rethinking it pretty sharpish.

Haven’t Spurs done away with pensioner concessions? Maybe City are on that slippery slope?
And West Ham and Arsenal are also going down that road.
Although I do remember reading on here that City have given assurances to City Matters that they will not be abolishing Over 65 concessions at The Etihad .

Really Kaz?? I drive for a volunteer service taking patients to hospitals across Greater Manchester, and speaking from experience you'd be astounded at the number of ambulance bays at hospitals taken up by blue badge holders.
What City are doing is wrong - but there are badge holders out there who flagrantly abuse it
This is about charging disabled people at the stadium , somehow it is morphing into anti disabled people

I noticed on the City Matters email that the disabled rep. position is open.

As far as I know Mark’s time might just have been up. Or he could have left for a thousand other reasons.

But this has made me wonder if it could possibly be linked?

I noticed on the City Matters email that the disabled rep. position is open.

As far as I know Mark’s time might just have been up. Or he could have left for a thousand other reasons.

But this has made me wonder if it could possibly be linked?
Hi Stephen.

Mark’s been a great representative on City Matters and a real advocate for fans, but his term is up.

Edit: And to say that Mark has been working on this issue. He’s posted an update on his Facebook Group:

Re your last sentence. I just checked and the season card for the disabled is priced the same as the 18-21 or just over half the price of the full price ticket.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but my sister, who has a blue badge, told me if she buys a season ticket she gets a companion ticket free. If true that’s a sweet deal. Two for half the price of one.
To the best of my knowledge, the companion tickets are for those that rely on assistance from someone most of the time they’re at the stadium and each case is assessed by the club on its merits. Numbers are limited and you don’t qualify by simply having a blue badge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.