City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

That's piss poor by the club. How many blue badge holders do we have anyway? The revenue raised by it can't be huge, I'm guessing. I understand the need to maximise revenues these days (FFP, PSR, 115 etc etc), but come on.
It is always about revenue. If people are not turning up for whatever reason then the people responsible for budgeting will be asked why are they losing revenue for a prime parking location

That is likely the same reason an automatic allocation was changed to a first come basis, bookable in advance

I don’t agree with charging but trying to get it on means tested makes it difficult in itself

The compromise should be a nominal charge of a fiver and leave it at that

That is not on but my local hosp have been charging blue badge holders for a long tme , it is not new thing unfortunately , it stinks, petition Soriano and get him to change his mind
Really Kaz?? I drive for a volunteer service taking patients to hospitals across Greater Manchester, and speaking from experience you'd be astounded at the number of ambulance bays at hospitals taken up by blue badge holders.
What City are doing is wrong - but there are badge holders out there who flagrantly abuse it

it is not strictly about how much money you have although it has been proved that being disabled cost much more than not being . The badge is to give access to places that you wouldnt get otherwise , it is there so that those of us who cant walk far can still access the same places as everyone else can . Cant believe some ,posts in here today , people so willing to hate on disabled people
You’re quite right Kaz. A disabled badge IS to help you access the same places everyone else can thus there are many disabled car parking spaces & I’m happy to walk miles to the ground every match from where I have to park. I’m also willing to pay the extortionate fees it costs me to park in the surrounding car parks when I don’t have time to walk.

But why should disabled parking be free???
Disability does not necessarily mean lack of funds. Same with ST holders - just because they save up to buy a ticket - it doesn’t mean they can afford to pay for parking more than a disabled person can??

Not about hate - it’s about parity

Last edited:
Plenty of pensioners are in a good financial position. Presumably you think it would be a good idea to stop concessions for FOCs as well ? If not why not ?
Yes you are right, I personally do not have a large pension, I manage, but would not have a problem paying the going rate.

No surprise from the club really. Maybe they could cut and paste a statement from the united website, when they started charging, to round things off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.