City TV - Next Season

timschaefer86 said:
amooballer said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
But games are already available on line for free ;)
The only game i didn't see all season was the Birmingham league cup game as it wasn't available.

I know games are available for free on streams but lots of times streams are shit quality. I'm more than happy to pay City for quality live streams. I don't want to pay for fox soccer. I'm sure others like me are out there.

It will never happen in the current broadcasting climate, because Sky or whomever the rights holders are pay alot of money to have exclusive rights to screening football... if a club like City cuts out the middleman and screened their own games to subscribers, there is no monetary benefit to Sky or whoever puts the billions in to win the broadcast rights.

Fair enough. Maybe club can show training sessions, exclusive content, interviews, etc...for a small fee? I Donno. Hopefully they'll keep the free stuff we see right now and provide additional content for $$$

amooballer said:
timschaefer86 said:
amooballer said:
I know games are available for free on streams but lots of times streams are shit quality. I'm more than happy to pay City for quality live streams. I don't want to pay for fox soccer. I'm sure others like me are out there.

It will never happen in the current broadcasting climate, because Sky or whomever the rights holders are pay alot of money to have exclusive rights to screening football... if a club like City cuts out the middleman and screened their own games to subscribers, there is no monetary benefit to Sky or whoever puts the billions in to win the broadcast rights.

Fair enough. Maybe club can show training sessions, exclusive content, interviews, etc...for a small fee? I Donno. Hopefully they'll keep the free stuff we see right now and provide additional content for $$$

I think this is more likely. There will probably be the snippets that we get now on the website that is very ad hoc vs a more telly like access where specific programmes are scheduled and then repeated at specific times. This may very well be chargeable but i think it is highly unlikely that they will reduce the content on the website.

Sounds to me like it's effectively an online MUTV, if you will.

So coverage or training, reserve games, interviews etc. A "Matchday live" kind of thing like Soccer Saturday.

If we pay it'll purely be to keep Platini happy. Same with ticket price hikes eventually. I think the club should ignore such revenues even if it means being excluded from CL. Sometimes you just have to do what is right!

I can see the same current format staying, with on demand videos and highlights.

By getting a membership (overseas can get blue for 10 quid) you then get access to the online channel. This channel would most likely have full games from previous seasons, similiar content to City TV, hopefully Next Gen/Ressie games and essentially even live matches.

The current format is great for exposure, but this online tv channel would be great to increase revenue.

I'll be signing up

Pay money to watch reserve games? No thank you, I can watch EPL games live, free and legal on my TV at home on CCTV and BTV channels.

Why should I pay?

Ming Hai Wang said:
Pay money to watch reserve games? No thank you, I can watch EPL games live, free and legal on my TV at home on CCTV and BTV channels.

Why should I pay?
Dont pay then, its impossible to stream reseves/academy games illegally which is why many would be willing to pay to stream them online

They will keep the same online format of what they show on the website but the new online membership will included old match but the full 90 minutes and they will also show EDS game becuase we already know they can do this becuase they have shown the parade and Senior cup final live on the website. One thing I would like to see is a tunnal cam for away game it would be great to see what other teams tunnel look like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.