City v AC Milan post match thread

Ederson should have saved all three of Millan's goals though the defence wasn't great - but the maine men are still on holiday.
That asside we were pretty good. Bobb and NcAtee especially.

Last edited:
It's basically an EDS/Academy squad playing against a majority first team AC Milan. The midfield and attack looked perfectly comfortable with the level of opposition, they didn't look out of their depth, we had the majority of possession, as well as the majority of attacking play. We kept Milan in their half when they were on the ball for considerable time.

Defense weren't quite there yet, they did okay, but if we are gonna see any of the youngsters come through right now it won't be them IMO. I don't include Rico in that, he's already been in and around the first team and I expect him to only get more game time.

Really, I wouldn't complain about anybody in that game. I'm not sure what people expect sometimes.

I hope to see more of Amar Fatah in the Barca and Chelsea games, and if he repeats what he gave in the Milan game I really hope we take him on full-time for the season ahead. If we are going back to out-and-out wingers as it looks, so far he seems way more than capable.

For those who are interested, he started out with IF Brommapojkarna in Stockholm. The same club that produced John Guidetti for us a few moons ago, if you remember him. We did have a formal arrangement with that club at some stage, I don't think it's valid anymore but there have been deals from time to time. Since then, Fatah's had a season at AIK, also in Stockholm, spent a brief amount of time at Troyes where he's registered, and the last two seasons on loan with Lommel SK, our Belgian partners. He must have impressed under Steve Bould to have been sent for a trial with Pep.

I will say this, The people and media think we have a big squad need to look again
We have 14 players who demand a start and the rest are just bench warmers, What is it with the left of defence, Again opened up far too easily,

We must go into the transfer market and get 3 or 4 players, a Rodri-style player and a left-back and right-back
Plus Get Pep contract sorted, Then sort out the KDB and Ederson Silva Walker Stones Alvarez,

We need to stabilize the future and if Pep stays give him money to rebuild another squad for another 3 to 5 years
3 or 4 - no. Just 2 to be fair - a quality DM to compliment Rodri and a replacement for Kev to bed in this season.

Last nights game had the feeling of a friendly, I just don't understand how these games are getting the first team match fit when they aren't even playing in them.
Unfortunately, with the Euros, we’re stuck with the situation we find ourselves in.

I know it’s easy to say it’s the same for every team, but that’s not true, as we had more players involved than any other PL club.

I said in another thread, that I doubt those that have been in France won’t really need much of a pre-season, as they’re still almost fully fit from their exploits in the tournament, but they will need a rest, both physically and mentally.

Predictably the BBC and Sky are gleefully reporting our second loss in two games without adding any context whatsoever regarding the line ups in either match
Who gives a fuck what any of the media say?

And if it lulls our opponents into a sense of false security, even better.

We’ve started slowly in the past - not that I necessarily think we will - and won the League, and there’s no reason why it can’t happen again.

I don't mind Phillips or any player making a mistake. But a player being irrelevant is just not acceptable. We play with 10 players when he is on the pitch. He doesn't foul, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't intercept, he doesn't block, he doesn't create, he doesn't run. I'd be shocked if any of the kids over 18 years of age couldn't do a better job at some element that impacted the game.

We can not play him again ever. He is only preventing us from seeing another possible solution in midfield.

Again, I've no issues with mistakes. They might look bad but that's ok. He just doesn't try or he just can't do it. Poor guy needs a future elsewhere now.
Yep, I'm afraid the experiment is over. We may need to just eat what we owe him, sell him, or whatever we can do that is least painful. But he must go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.