City v Arsenal post match discussion

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Dzeko. My motm today until he got hooked (strange decision). Sinclair simply isn't good enough to justify a starting place against the top sides in the Prem. Aguero was perhaps understandably off the pace today given his lack of games. Silva is a shadow of the player that was head and shoulders the best player in the Prem at the start of last season. Whinges over.

Stoned Rose said:
chesterbells said:
Stoned Rose said:
What the majority of you are missing here is that Arsenal are much better than last season and will be there or thereabouts.

We only just beat them last season at home in the prem and were beaten at their gaff.

We were never going to roll them over, as we weren't going to roll Madrid over just like that.

A point against Arsenal in their current form is fine in my opinion.

Stop shitting yourselves you bunch of fannies.

You still think Garcia is the answer?

I've never said he was. WTF are you on about?

What are you both on about? Garcia has two very good matches and one not very good one and now he is the worst signing in the history of Manchester City?

This is getting ridiculous. Yaya did not look very good when he first came and he had more time than Javi. Neither did Kompany, for that matter. Give him a chance.

EaglesFan said:
ForzaMancini said:
EaglesFan said:
Ok - can YOU reason out some of the decisions quite FREQUENTLY made by him which lately have been costing us points? Strange starting line ups, shuffling things all over the place, "rotation" where it is not really neccessary...should I go on?

I like Dzeko as much as any City fan but the only problem you have is Dzeko isn't getting the full 90 minutes so stop pretending you care about the club when all you care about is Dzeko.

I've watched every game of this club (including League cup and friendlies, believe it or not) for over two years now (Dzeko or no Dzeko) - so at which point I pass YOUR fan test?? Cause it seems like someone has authorized you to make determination on who is a City fan and who isnt...

The fact of the matter is had Dzeko played the full 90 minutes here and against Madrid you wouldn't be moaning about Mancini. As long as Dzeko plays you are happy.

bert38 said:
Yaya again goes missing when decent opposition get the ball in midfield.

Needed pushing up out of the way 20 mins before the goal. Strange how he is able to find energy when we have the ball.

Yaya went missing? Hahahaha are you serious?

There is a hell of a lot of work to do before we can say we are anywhere near last seasons form.

Defence look very average leaking silly and easy goals. Silva is a shadow of the player he was, Yaya had a off day, zabaleta oofed the ball out every time in defence giving it straight back to Arsenal, Edin was super pissed and will now slip back down the pecking order.

We were lucky to score one by some piss poor Arsenal defending.

How and why have we become a off it out team and how many times did we give the ball away..

Shocking sub by Mancini taking Edin off...

just hope its not too far gone when the team gets it sorted out...

didactic said:
EaglesFan said:
It's really amazing the difference one sub can make....

1st half - Rodwell for Sinclair = we had Arsenal by their nuts for 20 minutes afterwards.

2nd half - Tevez for Dzeko = no hold up play, no physical presence up front = Arsenal owned us for last 20 minutes.

Sorry lads - this game is all on Roberto.
He is stubborn with some of his attitudes, and will not adjust - and I am starting to have doubts about his ability to take such a GREAT team forward.

And hes back with his Dzeko is the difference chat. So why did Dzeko not score? We lost to a defensive lapse. All this Dzeko support is crazy he had a very good game but he also could have scored.

Support the team your nationality should not factor into that.

I am supporting the team, no question. I'm just pissed off as much as the next guy.
Also - as I hang around mostly with people who are not City supporters, what strikes me is that people on this board dont realize that most football fans (non-City fans) do not rate Roberto and think he should be doing much better with the team he has...you think there is a reason for that? Honest question.

Ragnarok said:
B\connellblue said:
Mancini prowess in the transfer market gets worse by the minute. Garcia is is so slow he makes Barry look pacy. Of course by the time Bobby gives in to this the harm will have been done. Barry and De Jong > Garcia and Rodwell. Don't get me started on sinclair. Arsenal have strenghtened we have weakened. The question is why? We are been overrun in midfield and our possession is way down. Does anyone actually watch these players before we buy them. It's not fucking hard to work out whether you have pace or not.

FFS, Mancini wanted De Rossi, Martinez etc. City werent prepared to pay enough money.
Well why did we bother buying players he doesn't want. Fuck financial fair play.

Train said:
I worry about the mentality of the group. What does it say to the lads if your best player on the night is subbed off, & those who are playing bad are left on?

This is a match we need to win, for those who keep saying that they need the minutes, bullshit. So would you rather sacrifice a result for match fitness then, because that's what it sounds like when you make that argument.

If Aguero & silva need the minutes, they should earn it by playing against Villa in the Capital One Cup.

Agreed. That's why I said earlier we should be utilising Milner and Barry more too.

Maybe it is just me but I think we played alright. We were up against it in the first half, second we dominated most of and of course a disallowed goal. Concentration in the final bit of the game is what has cost us, not tactics or players, similar to Madrid. We didn't give up after we conceded again, but the disappointment is raw, again. We are bound to pick it up and at the moment I can't really single out a reason for dropping the points, but still although it feels like a loss it is still a point gained. The arse have been on fire recently and even if it was at home, we still haven't lost a match. It's a long season, plenty of time to sort it out there is a long way to go until May.

Chin up and go again next match.

It fuckin hurts like hell to see us concede a goal like that. We beat ourselves by being so slack in possession I'm afraid.
Yes he got the subs wrong but so many unforced errors cost us I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.