City v Arsenal post match discussion

Thought Dzeko was our best player and growing as the game went on, they had nobody strong enough to take the ball off him and his passing was mostly good relieving pressure. The effect of taking him off was apparent immediatly, we barely got into their half again after it. Even stranger decision considering Aguero never really looked like doing anything.

ForzaMancini said:
EaglesFan said:
ForzaMancini said:
I like Dzeko as much as any City fan but the only problem you have is Dzeko isn't getting the full 90 minutes so stop pretending you care about the club when all you care about is Dzeko.

I've watched every game of this club (including League cup and friendlies, believe it or not) for over two years now (Dzeko or no Dzeko) - so at which point I pass YOUR fan test?? Cause it seems like someone has authorized you to make determination on who is a City fan and who isnt...

The fact of the matter is had Dzeko played the full 90 minutes here and against Madrid you wouldn't be moaning about Mancini. As long as Dzeko plays you are happy.

So true he doesnt care about the result didnt he say last season Dzeko should leave because he is not getting the respect he deserves. Eagles you support Dzeko not City and you only watch City games to comment about Dzekos involvement of lack of involvement. Your posts are there for all to see.

EaglesFan said:
didactic said:
EaglesFan said:
It's really amazing the difference one sub can make....

1st half - Rodwell for Sinclair = we had Arsenal by their nuts for 20 minutes afterwards.

2nd half - Tevez for Dzeko = no hold up play, no physical presence up front = Arsenal owned us for last 20 minutes.

Sorry lads - this game is all on Roberto.
He is stubborn with some of his attitudes, and will not adjust - and I am starting to have doubts about his ability to take such a GREAT team forward.

And hes back with his Dzeko is the difference chat. So why did Dzeko not score? We lost to a defensive lapse. All this Dzeko support is crazy he had a very good game but he also could have scored.

Support the team your nationality should not factor into that.

I am supporting the team, no question. I'm just pissed off as much as the next guy.
Also - as I hang around mostly with people who are not City supporters, what strikes me is that people on this board dont realize that most football fans (non-City fans) do not rate Roberto and think he should be doing much better with the team he has...you think there is a reason for that? Honest question.

Yeah the people who think that tend to be the muppets who just say 'anyone could win things with the money he has'. Mancini has done a very good job with City and that is a fact.

Some daft things, today

Silva, so out of form, it's untrue. His pass completion rate would make Kolorov seem like Franz Beckenbauer.

Yaya. Looked a bit lazy, but, why don't we play him more forward

Garcia makes Lescott seem like Usain Bolt

Too many look out of form.

League Cup game v Villa may let a few of the peripheral players get their places on a Saturday

Sh*tstorm

I'm pretty surprised and shocked by some opinions on here. Most of you sound like you guys are either Rags in disguise or people who jumped on the City bandwagon.

Firstly, Sinclair played alright. Energetic, and decent, shall we say? Hardly nowhere near some people go on as "shite".

Secondly, the Rodwell substitution. I see people blasting Mancini for that. Hello? Do you even know football? Before Rodwell came in, we were having a formation that involved Gervinho constantly running over our defence, with the full backs being terrorized badly. Rodwell was brought in to have that extra man in the midfield to shield the defence, as obviously, Javi Garcia was not doing a proud job of.

Thirdly, we would have not seen this shitestorm if Aguero was anything near to full fitness.

Okay, I'm gonna escape the present shitestorm and meltdown now. But before that, I hear people saying "Bobby, Bobby, sort it out!". Please, sort yourselves out first.

didactic said:
bert38 said:
Yaya again goes missing when decent opposition get the ball in midfield.

Needed pushing up out of the way 20 mins before the goal. Strange how he is able to find energy when we have the ball.

Yaya went missing? Hahahaha are you serious?

Yes. Watch it again-how many times he does his baby step running out of possession and allows the opposition midfield to waltz past him.

ForzaMancini said:
EaglesFan said:
ForzaMancini said:
I like Dzeko as much as any City fan but the only problem you have is Dzeko isn't getting the full 90 minutes so stop pretending you care about the club when all you care about is Dzeko.

I've watched every game of this club (including League cup and friendlies, believe it or not) for over two years now (Dzeko or no Dzeko) - so at which point I pass YOUR fan test?? Cause it seems like someone has authorized you to make determination on who is a City fan and who isnt...

The fact of the matter is had Dzeko played the full 90 minutes here and against Madrid you wouldn't be moaning about Mancini. As long as Dzeko plays you are happy.

But the fact is you dont know that...you dont know me.

EaglesFan said:
didactic said:
EaglesFan said:
It's really amazing the difference one sub can make....

1st half - Rodwell for Sinclair = we had Arsenal by their nuts for 20 minutes afterwards.

2nd half - Tevez for Dzeko = no hold up play, no physical presence up front = Arsenal owned us for last 20 minutes.

Sorry lads - this game is all on Roberto.
He is stubborn with some of his attitudes, and will not adjust - and I am starting to have doubts about his ability to take such a GREAT team forward.

And hes back with his Dzeko is the difference chat. So why did Dzeko not score? We lost to a defensive lapse. All this Dzeko support is crazy he had a very good game but he also could have scored.

Support the team your nationality should not factor into that.

I am supporting the team, no question. I'm just pissed off as much as the next guy.
Also - as I hang around mostly with people who are not City supporters, what strikes me is that people on this board dont realize that most football fans (non-City fans) do not rate Roberto and think he should be doing much better with the team he has...you think there is a reason for that? Honest question.

Well we rate Mancini and dont care what anyone else says. Why did Dzeko not score? If Dzeko played every game Mancini would be your favorite manager. This is not Bosnia United bro this is Manchester City.

Wtf is going on? Did they only meet each other today? We were awful infront of goal, we cannot afford to waste chances like that, if we play like this against the rags they will murder us.
Did they learn fcuk all midweek? Defending too deep, backing off and inviting players to shoot.
Sort this shit out, why the fcuk was Sinclair on there, IMO he was poor, trying to rely on pace alone isn't good enough. If we carry on like this we wil be lucky to be in top 4.
Arsenal deserved a point. I seem to be saying the same thing for the last few games, can no one else see it?

Generally a poor team performance, never seen Silva give the ball away so much,can't say that anyone played well today. Oh well things can only get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.