City v Arsenal post match discussion

Yaya_Tony said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Completely outplayed by Arsenal on our own patch. If Gervinho was a half decent player he could of got 2 or 3.

We have been poor all season. Mancini needs to stop pissing around with formations and go back to 4231.
Completely outplayed? Which game did you watch? They had their chances and so did we. Never were we "completely outplayed", stop being a mardarse.
They dominated the game. Their midfield controlled the tempo and Gervinho had 3 clear chances, Carzorla was unlucky with his effort and their full backs caused us all sorts of problems. We couldn't string 3 passes together and left huge holes in the midfield. They must of had at least 60% possession second half. Whenever they attacked we looked vulnerable.

What game were you watching?

black mamba said:
Yaya_Tony said:
TFC said:
Arsenal will be delighted with that point, but to be honest we should be too. First half was all theirs, but felt a lot more comfortable in the second half...until the goal that is. Still havent got out of the blocks after 5 games and that is a concern.
You see it like me, mate.

Agreed .....

neither side really deserved to lose ....

that's probably the best side Arsenal have had for some time , and they came to play ..... they could easily have lost the game when Aguero fluffed that late chance , but equally they might have scored more than they did.
Aguero going for goal at such a tight angle, when Dzeko and Yaya were in the box ready for a pass, then missing, was a bit annoying. All said, still a point gained.

Liverpool away Stoke away and Arsenal. And not a game lost. Others have had easier starts. Ok its not maximum points but early days. We will improve when the team settles down with the right formula......... Believe me.

i think we should ve started with tevez n dzeko ..aguero could ve come as a sub.he clearly wasnt match fit...but a point is a good enough result when we could ve lost easily

I think we need to go back to basics.

Last year - at least in the good parts - it was pass, pass, pass, pass. Many said it was ineffectual and boring. Often it meant going in nil-nil at half time. Sometimes even behind.

But in the 2nd half, the opposition were knackered and we kept the pressure on, got our breakthrough and them buried them. We did this time and time again. It works.

This season, it's all too frantic, too rushed and too direct. Too desperate for the killer pass (yes, Dave, that includes you!) and giving the ball away all over the place.

We need to get back to some dullness. Pass it around amongst the back 4 for a while. When was the last time you heard an Olé??? We need to rekindle our passing game and get control f the game back. We haven't controlled a game all season.

we look like a deer lost in the headlights! Team looks lost and does not know what the left or the rights doing. On recent perfromences we aint going to keep the prem title. Utd again play shockingly shit BUT still come away with a win!!!!!! We had to keep that at a 1-0 win im scratching my head atm thinking what is happening. Something is not right from last season and i dont know if theres still bad blood between marwood and mancini etc and its spilling over etc. We need to sort it asap or we kiss the prem to those rag c**ts.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Completely outplayed by Arsenal on our own patch. If Gervinho was a half decent player he could of got 2 or 3.

We have been poor all season. Mancini needs to stop pissing around with formations and go back to 4231.
Completely outplayed? Which game did you watch? They had their chances and so did we. Never were we "completely outplayed", stop being a mardarse.
They dominated the game. Their midfield controlled the tempo and Gervinho had 3 clear chances, Carzorla was unlucky with his effort and their full backs caused us all sorts of problems. We couldn't string 3 passes together and left huge holes in the midfield. They must of had at least 60% possession second half. Whenever they attacked we looked vulnerable.

maybe when they scored, but even then we still had chances. They did not dominate us at all, we must have had 60% possesion up until they scored,

what game were you watching ?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

Agreed. While the stats may show differently, we were second best for long periods of that game. And for long periods, specially in the second half, we just couldn't retain possession.

capiloton said:
on current form, Dzeko is 2nd best striker at City. I don't understand why Mancini take him out first, but not dead leg Aguero? Balotelli should come in sooner, Silva has a shocker game today.
"Dead leg Aguero"???

26955714.jpg

AGUEROOOOOOOO...

Arsenal looked like the home team today, most of City chances were created by a single player "Yaya"

Sinclair and Garcia are not good enough and Silva had a very bad game today.

I think Mancini have to bring Milner back to the team, he is better than Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.