City v Arsenal post match discussion

jimharri said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Completely outplayed? Which game did you watch? They had their chances and so did we. Never were we "completely outplayed", stop being a mardarse.
They dominated the game. Their midfield controlled the tempo and Gervinho had 3 clear chances, Carzorla was unlucky with his effort and their full backs caused us all sorts of problems. We couldn't string 3 passes together and left huge holes in the midfield. They must of had at least 60% possession second half. Whenever they attacked we looked vulnerable.

What game were you watching?
Agreed. While the stats may show differently, we were second best for long periods of that game. And for long periods, specially in the second half, we just couldn't retain possession.
Just shows the value of Nasri and Barry.

Tevez City said:
Arsenal looked like the home team today, most of City chances were created by a single player "Yaya"

Sinclair and Garcia are not good enough and Silva had a very bad game today.

I think Mancini have to bring Milner back to the team, he is better than Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair.

agree with sinclair and garcia, but rodwells played well and is one for the future.

Damocles said:
EaglesFan said:
didactic said:
And hes back with his Dzeko is the difference chat. So why did Dzeko not score? We lost to a defensive lapse. All this Dzeko support is crazy he had a very good game but he also could have scored.

Support the team your nationality should not factor into that.

I am supporting the team, no question. I'm just pissed off as much as the next guy.
Also - as I hang around mostly with people who are not City supporters, what strikes me is that people on this board dont realize that most football fans (non-City fans) do not rate Roberto and think he should be doing much better with the team he has...you think there is a reason for that? Honest question.

I've been harshly critical of you recently. My annoyance comes from the idea that you are one of those Dzeko only posters bu posts like this make me believe that you're in the boat with all of us for the long haul, and if that's the case then I welcome you as a brother in arms and will defend you against the rags of the world as we do with all on here.
I can understand your problem between the people out in the real world and the people on here. All I can say to you, is that the people on here are massive football fans, who attend or attended many games in their lives. We live football, our entire lives are based around it. We have soon great managers and we have seen bad managers. By almost every metric, Roberto is a great fucking manager.
We on here know that it isn't as easy as picking the best players in the world and sticking them on a pitch. The Galacticos at Real Madrid should have taught you that. You need the correct people for the correct tactics, and Roberto along with Kidd and Platt is fostering a squad that can cope with many scenarios and many tactics. I'll remind you that Mancini took Yaya Toure from a rejected CB/DM at Barcelona to one of the most feared midfielders in the entire world. He took Lescott from a joke into a solid defender. Barry from the punchline to the man people are missing. When Mancini took over, Kompany was a midfielder, Zab was playing in DM and Hart was turfed out in favour of Shay Given.
The man has improved almost every single player who he has worked with at the club. He's definitely turfed some out because he didn't want to work with them, but the guys who are here have improved leaps and bounds. He has done so whilst consistently winning trophies.

I don't care what those who aren't as attentive to the situation at City say. The job of a manager is to improve the players and win trophies. He has done both in abundance. You can tell your friends that the fans of Manchester City who pay attention for 90 minutes every game told them to get fucked.
You tell 'em. Good post.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Liverpool away Stoke away and Arsenal. And not a game lost. Others have had easier starts. Ok its not maximum points but early days. We will improve when the team settles down with the right formula......... Believe me.

You have some cheek posting calm sensible and above all posts I agree fully with in the flappers thread :-P

Tevez City said:
Arsenal looked like the home team today, most of City chances were created by a single player "Yaya"

Sinclair and Garcia are not good enough and Silva had a very bad game today.

I think Mancini have to bring Milner back to the team, he is better than Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair.

Generally agreed. But I do hope we keep starting silva cos even though he wasn't his absolute best today I still want him in as many games as possible, knowing what he is capable of.
Now in 7th place; win next week a must- gotta keep averaging 2 points per game to ensure top 4 finish at least

I was disappointed with Silva's performance, pass after pass failing to find its target. Oh well, there's a long way to go!

bluebannana said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Completely outplayed? Which game did you watch? They had their chances and so did we. Never were we "completely outplayed", stop being a mardarse.
They dominated the game. Their midfield controlled the tempo and Gervinho had 3 clear chances, Carzorla was unlucky with his effort and their full backs caused us all sorts of problems. We couldn't string 3 passes together and left huge holes in the midfield. They must of had at least 60% possession second half. Whenever they attacked we looked vulnerable.

What game were you watching?

maybe when they scored, but even then we still had chances. They did not dominate us at all, we must have had 60% possesion up until they scored,

what game were you watching ?
Apart from the Kompany/Aguero shots we offered nothing second half. Our ball retention was fucking dreadful. The only player that seemed to hold the ball up was Dzeko and when he went that was it. I will be amazed if we had over 45% possession all game.

We should have nicked that. Better side over the 90 minutes. If we had one of Dzeko, Aguero Balotelli or even Adebayor we'd be in with a shout for the title.

Surprised so many of you are on such a downer about it though. You got a point out of an average performance. City will click into gear, and you'll finish ahead of us come the end of the season.

What I can't understand is this. Whenever I've watched City since the Sheikh took over you look like a quality football team playing positive attacking football. The only exceptions seem to be when you park the bus at Emirates every season. Today you sat back at home. That cost you, just like the negativity cost you at Arsenal in April.

Nice forum. Must be the best club forum out there bar none.

200k a week and you make a foul throw in the last minute of a game we're not winning. Sums today's performance up for me. Pretty shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.