City v Arsenal post match discussion

We are putting too much pressure on ourselves to keep a clean sheet and when games a tight we can't do it as fans get restless and it transmits onto the pitch.

Just give Sergio time to get match sharp and the new lads time to settle in and we will win the league again.

Arsenal played superb today. You can see the coaching staff is committed to the pass and move philosophy. They all looked very comfortable with the ball, I was especially impressed with wilkinson, carzola and the two centre backs. They broke with pace and precision and if it was rvp upfront we'd have been out of sight by halftime. That display today along with their liverpool away tells that they are serious champs league and premier league title contenders.

Dzeko comes on in madrid and gives their defence a problem that they hadn't had to think about and today he carries on that form and was probably our best player or at least our most effective so why sub him when Aguero was clearly out on his feet? Bob has made some inspired substitutions (e. g.NDJ @ toon ) but I feel that today he may have blundered with that one. A fully fit Aguero would have scored 2 or 3 today but he was so obviously unfit that I cannot understand the subbing of Dzeko

citymad said:
Arsenal played superb today. You can see the coaching staff is committed to the pass and move philosophy. They all looked very comfortable with the ball, I was especially impressed with wilkinson, carzola and the two centre backs. They have Wiltshire, Walcott, ox and vermallen to call on for rotation and injuries which makes them serious champs league and premier league title contenders.

I was nodding in agreement until then. No way will Arsenal make a genuine title push. They will flatter to deceive like they always do.
Unless we have a catastrophic season, they will finish below us.

antspider said:
nikatomcfc said:
Javi Garcia was a disgrace today
he is too tall to play with yaya
we need someone like DJ.a quick guy.

there were too much spaces left,when Arsenal attacked us.
I think Ya Ya is too tall for his name

IMO, it was Yaya who played shit.

Yaya was playing too far forward as one of the 2 midfielders in 4-2-3-1 against a pacey and accurate one-two passing side. He was often in attacking mid's position, but creating little for our attacking players. Garcia was often isolated and forced to manage the midfield alone against a team that possesses one of the best midfields in the league. It was a huge tactical mistake if it had been Bob's decision to play Yaya in a more forward position.

stony said:
citymad said:
Arsenal played superb today. You can see the coaching staff is committed to the pass and move philosophy. They all looked very comfortable with the ball, I was especially impressed with wilkinson, carzola and the two centre backs. They have Wiltshire, Walcott, ox and vermallen to call on for rotation and injuries which makes them serious champs league and premier league title contenders.

I was nodding in agreement until then. No way will Arsenal make a genuine title push. They will flatter to deceive like they always do.
Unless we have a catastrophic season, they will finish below us.

That's the best Arsenal side for many a season .......

they won't be far away come next May !

Arsenal need a striker and a replacement for Song in the long run, maybe like a Soldado up front.

When it comes to February you can't trust Podolski and Cazorla to fire all season, Ox and Walcott are raw and Diaby and Ramsey can't be trusted to stay fit, that's the test, good start for them but they've struggled with whole seasons for a while now, last season they just did it in reverse as they plummeted with all the talk around Cesc, Nasri and Clichy leaving, normally they crumble around the fortnight of the CL quarters, FA Cup quarters and 2 tough Premier League games they get in that period.

I don't want to do my head in by reading Bluemoon this evening so I don't know what's been said

I thought City were unlucky not to win. We bossed the 2nd half but just couldn't get the 2nd and Arsenal made us pay. It wasn't a bad performance

At the moment every mistake we make is being punished and we're just not as clinical in front of goal. Today it was Aguero who missed some good chances, and the usual excellent Silva and Yaya Toure were slightly below par.

But galling to watch Utd play so poorly and win whilst City play quite a good game and draw.

need to get back on track and beat Villa on Tuesday

That was a good Arsenal side and they will be there or therabouts come May.

Two of our main performers are Silver and Kompany and both have been poor so far and it is having an understandable detrimental effect on our performances.

Mancini needs to get his best 11 onto the field for every game when everyone is fit.That is the side that played most of the last 12 games of last season.Proven performers and winners who know one another well.He also needs to pick his best defence and leave it alone!The new signings have to earn a place in the side and be introduced gradually.Sure players need to be rested but he can do that when a game is sewn up by replacing them.If Silva and/or Kompany hit the level we know they are capable of the team will lift off also.

I have to agree for once with what was said on MOTD2 tonight that our new additions haven't really strengthened the squad.Hazard or Van Persie would have,we have got second best and added numbers without really improving things.I pray they will settle in quickly and prove me wrong but i fear it may take a while.

Marvin said:
I don't want to do my head in by reading Bluemoon this evening so I don't know what's been said

I thought City were unlucky not to win. We bossed the 2nd half but just couldn't get the 2nd and Arsenal made us pay. It wasn't a bad performance

At the moment every mistake we make is being punished and we're just not as clinical in front of goal. Today it was Aguero who missed some good chances, and the usual excellent Silva and Yaya Toure were slightly below par.

But galling to watch Utd play so poorly and win whilst City play quite a good game and draw.

need to get back on track and beat Villa on Tuesday

Silva was working very hard for his defensive duties. He even ran back deep in our own half to take care of his side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.