City v Arsenal post match discussion

Having seen the game twice it was a game we could have easily won.

Hart had one decent save to make all game.

We are well below what we know we are capable of and the fact we conceded late again definitely needs rectifying but its a good sign that we are in winning positions late in games when not nearly at our best.

All sides go through lapses in form and results at various times.

Hopefully when we start to perform at the level we need to we can go on a run.

Nothing Manure , Arsenal , Spurs and Chelsea have done so far tells me they have come on in leaps and bounds from last season.

In saying that we need to keep in touch with them and that starts with a win at Fulham where will need to be more ruthless than we have been so far.

I did say on the pre-match thread that I didn't think City would beat Arsenal and that, if they did, I would eat camel. Fortunately, it will be roast lamb rather than camel for me tonight. We should have finished them off early in the second half as our goal, definitely against the run of play, knocked the stuffing out of Arsenal. They were poor in the second half, at least until their late equalizer. Silva should have gone off for Tevez, but there must be something in their contracts that prevent Silva, Yaya and Aguero from being substituted unless they are injured or simply knackered.

lionheart said:
I did say on the pre-match thread that I didn't think City would beat Arsenal and that, if they did, I would eat camel. Fortunately, it will be roast lamb rather than camel for me tonight. We should have finished them off early in the second half as our goal, definitely against the run of play, knocked the stuffing out of Arsenal. They were poor in the second half, at least until their late equalizer. Silva should have gone off for Tevez, but there must be something in their contracts that prevent Silva, Yaya and Aguero from being substituted unless they are injured or simply knackered.
I love eating camel toe

Disappointing yesterday. Thought Dzeko played really well and we weren't the same after he went off. Silva is off the pace still for me but to be fair he's not on his own. Some of the passing was awful - but we're still unbeaten so all's good and the best is yet to come

lionheart said:
For Yaya, it is probably because he is the best player on the team by a long mile. And his performance on an off day is better than most on their good days.

Dax777 said:
lionheart said:
For Yaya, it is probably because he is the best player on the team by a long mile. And his performance on an off day is better than most on their good days.

A total spin, this one.
Or is it supposed to be a sarcastic remark?

mancity1 said:

We are well below what we know we are capable of and the fact we conceded late again definitely needs rectifying but its a good sign that we are in winning positions late in games when not nearly at our best.

Nothing Manure , Arsenal , Spurs and Chelsea have done so far tells me they have come on in leaps and bounds from last season.

In saying that we need to keep in touch with them and that starts with a win at Fulham where will need to be more ruthless than we have been so far.
\

No, absolute horseshite. Arsenal, despite their history of a wobbly back-line, they have an impressive, disciplined defense this season. It isn't fair to say we were going to blast about 2, 3 balls past them. In fact, we had to score through a set piece which involved them using zonal marking, and failing to execute it.

If there's anything we need to improve, is to bring back our watertight defense. It seems some people has forgotten that, quote Mancini, "To win, you must first not concede."

We were really poor. Thought Clichy had his worst game for us, he was terrible. Lescott looked dodgy as hell and VK looks out of sorts by his high standards. There was a distinct lack of composure at the back generally and across the whole team when in possession. No idea what the hell has happened to David Silva but at least he is still trying to thread through killer passes even if pretty much all of them are currently going straight to defenders' feet. That said, we could still have won it had Sergio not missed that absolute sitter near the end. We really need to get the defence organised again so we can at least start grinding out some wins until our proper form comes back.

mancity1 said:

Doesnt tell the full story that though.Gervinho had 2/3 great chances and didnt even work the keeper and Podolski blazed over from 10 yards.

We were very good for 30 minutes of 2nd half and had Yaya played the ball earlier to Aguero when well placed I think we would have won!

However on balance of play a draw was a fair result. Arsenal were good.

lionheart said:

I love eating camel ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.