City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

Frank the Yank said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Frank the Yank said:
Kind of remined me of those nature documentaries on the African savannah. A mommy cheetah captures a small antelope, doesnt kill it but toys with it in order to teach her babies how to hunt. Then, she kills it.

Or: Leighton would apprecite this kind of like when Ali Fought Floyd Patterson in 66 I think. Toyed with him. Whats my name??? Whats my name???

Good point, to be picky it was Ernie Terrel who Ali punched and screamed whats my name at

Shocking own goal on my part. I should know this shit. I think Patterson had an issue with Ali as well. Ali did toy with him. On the fight bill they listed Ali as "Cassius Clay" in big print with a much smaller line underneath "aka Muhammad Ali".

Patterson was a grudge match of sort, he was the choice of most people to reclaim the title for America, most of whom disliked Ali at the time, i think Ali rolled out the Uncle Tom line on him long before he famously used it to describe Frazier and did his usual belittling of Floyd in the build up. Patterson called him Clay or Cassius in the build up much to Ali's public annoyance as he hadnt long taken up his new name. However they had been team mates at the Olympics and had a great mutual respect for one another, there were rumours the 2 of them stoked the fires to help sell the gate. Ali said later in life that Floyd was one of a handful of people he didnt mind calling him Cassius.

Back on topic... WHAT'S OUR NAME ARSENAL???

jimharri said:
bobmcfc said:
MSP said:
article-2523671-1A19D94D00000578-181_634x319.jpg

Not very gentlemanly of him
Gentlemanly? You're having a laugh. He's a horrible mouthy little twat. Someday he's going to try mouthing off to the wrong opponent.

England's ikkle golden boy so will be glossed over. Much worse that what ade got banned for

quote="samharris"]
Keith Moon said:
Why did Wilshere lose it?[/quote
Keith Moon said:
Didnt you get the memo fella?? wilshire is a snidey little c u n t who deserves all the bad things that life has to offer...

Ref gave a goal kick, he had a go cos he thought it was a corner, ironic cheers from the blues, sent him over the edge.

Re: Ozil

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
mancity1 said:
moomba said:
Mertesacker wasnt too happy.

Poor form from him to chastise him on the pitch , typical German (LOL).

In the dressing room would have been more appropriate if at all.

How many players these days leave the field straight away after a loss or a win for that matter?

Know what you mean but I like to see a bit of passion from somebody who is obviously hurting after a defeat, at least the big German realises how much the Arse fans spent to get to the game and support their team and it's the least the players can do to go over and show a bit of gratitude...doesn't take much to do but means a lot to the supporters.
Spot on.

Daz_Blue said:
Wenger on BBC website....

Of City's 6 goals.....we gave them 5

He's just a bitter miserable old man. Ludicrous statement.

Excellent result, to score six against one of the main title rivals is a real achievement. If I'm allowed one slight whinge it's we let arsenal have too much time on the ball occasionally and they caused us problems that said we won so fuck it !

Favorite goal anyone, for me in was Negredo's that touch from Zabba was amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.