City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

Notinmylifetime said:
GStar said:
ieaGLxvG1JAKg.gif

Great gif from the mod....thanks. At the start of the gif the lad in royal blue jumping up and down is my lad, my other lad is behind him. I'm the grey haired old bloke in cream jacket just in front of them. Very proud today. The gif made my day.

Quality

Arsenal v City Post Mortem

It's been a while since I've logged on here but it really ticked me off some of the things said pre/post match from the Arse(nal/Wenger)

Firstly City were always going to win yesterday. Unstoppable home record and Arsenal being rubbish against good opposition. Compounding this was the widespread shitting it of all Arsenal players who were making excuses that the time between the match and their Champions League game made a huge difference to the outcome. Wenger mentioned this yet refused to use it as an excuse...despite mentioning it, as not an excuse for losing, although they hadn't lost yet.

Come the pre-match where all the Arsenal comments were lighting up as "Great team, we are going to win the league". You do wonder why there is limited response from City fans, it's because like the team, they are quietly confident yet don't feel they need to shout to the media about it until after the match.

City won comprehensively (more or less) and the post-match begins.

No Arsenal fans at this point saying anything on forums. But Wenger pointing out how his team could have scored 6 goals (MOTD more than supplied this ammo). The referee was bad, despite the fact that he is one of the top referees in England. There was a penalty to Arsenal, for the ball hitting a leg and then the arm. They were tired due to their Champions League match, but that according to Wenger wasn't an excuse, even though he mentioned it again. City's goals were offside as well and Arsenal had 2 disallowed. Giroud actually scored a perfectly good goal (when everybody had stopped because the whistle had blown for offside). Bentner scored, fair enough to make it 5-3 in the 88th minute, but what difference would that have made...?

To be fair at least he criticised, to an extremely limited extent, Wiltshire's actions. I do feel sorry for poor old Jack to, I mean it is coming up to Christmas and there's a lot of snow around, so perhaps he just wants the day off so he can play with his friend Charlie.

In conclusion I would enjoy an apology from any Arsenal fans, who accept that they are one of the two best teams in the league at the moment, and also accept that they were beaten by the better team on the day. Then I will go to bed a happy man :-)

We battered them. 6-3 was a flattering score line for Arsenal. We were always in control, whenever the game was in a dubious phase City reacted and whacked it into place again. After 70 minutes and City had the ball in their half their team looked frightened, punch drunk, and wearied about our intent to score again.

Always had a lot of time for what Wenger has achieved, but some of his post match comments were pathetic today:

"Southampton and Everton .... as good as City" . Come on Arsene, FFS! Can you see either of these teams putting 6 past you ... and it could easily have been more!

Re: Arsenal v City Post Mortem

A good fans post.

We do wear blue tinted specs though; we all do to an extent( or whatever colour your team tints you). I could concede that Arse fans felt they were in it and they did have an argument about one offside 'goal'. To be fair they can also claim Zabba's hand ball was a genuine penalty.

BUT, to me they can't possibly argue that we weren't the better team and would probably have found another goal.... and another goal ...and another. However many were needed to win the game.
I think the return at Emirates will be a cracker, but we will prove we have turned the tables. We are now a stronger team than Arsenal in all areas of the field.

Bendtner was offside. Very close but still offside.

Wenger's just talking shit. He has to try and keep their confidence up ahead of the Chelsea game because if they lose that then they could drop like a stone.

I've been fighting (here on the USA West Coast) since 5 AM with some less-than-gracious Arsenal fans and the Gunner blogger on ESPNFC, where I do most of my posting.

One argument popped up over the Milner pen. Despite the fact that it came with no time left, us 2 up and the ball all the way in the Arsenal end (where we wanted it), some Gunner fans are adamant that he dived, including the Arsenal blogger himself. This seems ludicrous to me having seen it three times, especially given Szczensy's reaction which seemed to indicate he was just happy not to get red. Not to mention me not understanding why in the world Milner would risk a yellow on a dive for a meaningless goal (though there's rumor going round that GD sometimes matters in title races . . .)

Did I miss something, or are these guys just that desperate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.