City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

Re: Arsenal v City Post Mortem

chicagoblues said:
lol like the thread title........... post mortem

Me too apart from the fact it should say City V Arsenal as we were the home team !

FogBlueInSanFran said:
taconinja said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
I've been fighting (here on the USA West Coast) since 5 AM with some less-than-gracious Arsenal fans and the Gunner blogger on ESPNFC, where I do most of my posting.

One argument popped up over the Milner pen. Despite the fact that it came with no time left, us 2 up and the ball all the way in the Arsenal end (where we wanted it), some Gunner fans are adamant that he dived, including the Arsenal blogger himself. This seems ludicrous to me having seen it three times, especially given Szczensy's reaction which seemed to indicate he was just happy not to get red. Not to mention me not understanding why in the world Milner would risk a yellow on a dive for a meaningless goal (though there's rumor going round that GD sometimes matters in title races . . .)

Did I miss something, or are these guys just that desperate?
Is it that Mangan fellow on ESPN? He's a twerp.

It is indeed. He wrote that it was a dive, I challenged him in the comments section, and he came right back with "no it wasn't, he dragged his foot to get contact." Some Gunner fans agreed, but some actually came on and defended me to their credit.

I thought it was a dive. If you did that in a match you'd get laughed at. Seems to be widely practised tho. A 'professional dive'. Made me chuckle. Milner the honest English workhorse type going in for a 'continental' practice such as this. Nice one Milner :)

FogBlueInSanFran said:
TCIB said:
Just read the comments in that espn thread, some gunner gets owned.
He slams a poster saying your analysis is crap and the other fella replies detailing his work as a field producer and is basically very much in the media hahaha.

Yeah, the other fella is me :). I'm the guy who used to work in TV. E Lectric Kompany is my Facebook handle which I created solely to post on ESPNFC. Like lots of other sites, they went FB in July but I like to keep my footy life and my personal life separate so I made a new page.

Most of my takes on City end up on my FB page. I spend more time on ESPNFC to talk with fans of other clubs, and come to bluemoon more to read then post (esp. PrestwichBlue's excellent FFP analyses) . . . and to collect hysterical GIFs, of course.

Haha your the dude doing the owning, brilliant :D
If your ever over i shall get thee a pint sir, you don't get much more owned than that poor bastard hahahaha.

No it was a penalty, Milner worked it but it was a penalty.
If it was against us i would be pissed but a little also at my keeper for making the contact.

OB1 said:
stony said:
strongbowholic said:
The bit where he his arm touches the ball.

If it had been at the other end (e.g. Koscelny doing the same thing) and it had not been given, I'd have been fucking livid.

Never a penalty.

Correct. The ball came off Zab's leg and hit his arm; definitely not deliberate handball.

Not deliberate and therefore not a pen. But where the Tarquins have a legitimate cause for complaint is that those are given more than they're not.

Was not worried about the handball, thought it was the right call since it ricocheted off his leg first.

Do think we were fortunate with this one: <a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1</a>

Nasty tackle that from yaya on giroud

Regarding the Zabba 'handball' - I'd have been upset if the shoe was on the other foot.
I also thought,even though their keeper provided the opportunity to take advantage.....Milner was looking to dive as he was on his way down prior to contact being made.

AliWaheed said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
taconinja said:
Is it that Mangan fellow on ESPN? He's a twerp.

It is indeed. He wrote that it was a dive, I challenged him in the comments section, and he came right back with "no it wasn't, he dragged his foot to get contact." Some Gunner fans agreed, but some actually came on and defended me to their credit.

I thought it was a dive. If you did that in a match you'd get laughed at. Seems to be widely practised tho. A 'professional dive'. Made me chuckle. Milner the honest English workhorse type going in for a 'continental' practice such as this. Nice one Milner :)
Clueless rag in 'dive' shocker

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
Was not worried about the handball, thought it was the right call since it ricocheted off his leg first.

Do think we were fortunate with this one: <a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1</a>

Nasty tackle that from yaya on giroud

I remember thinking so at the time and,after seeing it in close up,i'm convinced he was very lucky.Yaya's 'concerned' reaction afterwards was also evidence he knew it too.....

Often being on the receiving end of similar though,its about time we got away with a few.

I am a huge fan of Fernandinho as well but to all the people stating that he should automatically start for Brazil because he scored two goals, its not that simple. You guys conceded 3 goals as well and although Fernandinho wasn't directly at fault for those its still the responsibility of a box to box / cdm to help out defensively as well. Gustavo is a much better traditional ball winner and Brazil needs that rock solid defensive minded CM because of how attacking the rest of the team is (just look at their fullbacks and centerbacks for fucks sake).

Second point is that international level football is vastly different to club football; goals are not so easy to get. Teams tend to be more solid defensively (due to lack of preparation). As Mourinho said its much easier to organize a team defensively than to play technical, attacking football.

Was still fun to see some arsenal fans get a reality check. Entertaining game.

Aequitas1987 said:
I am a huge fan of Fernandinho as well but to all the people stating that he should automatically start for Brazil because he scored two goals, its not that simple. You guys conceded 3 goals as well and although Fernandinho wasn't directly at fault for those its still the responsibility of a box to box / cdm to help out defensively as well. Gustavo is a much better traditional ball winner and Brazil needs that rock solid defensive minded CM because of how attacking the rest of the team is (just look at their fullbacks and centerbacks for fucks sake).

Second point is that international level football is vastly different to club football; goals are not so easy to get. Teams tend to be more solid defensively (due to lack of preparation). As Mourinho said its much easier to organize a team defensively than to play technical, attacking football.

Was still fun to see some arsenal fans get a reality check. Entertaining game.

You may be right that Brazil needs a Gustavo type. But Paulinho starts, correct? For me, he should definitely start over Paulinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.