City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

Re: Arsenal v City Post Mortem

Wenger always has a moan after a defeat, he's admitted he's a bad loser.

I quite like him for it. Managers are forced to give these post match press conferences when they'd rather be anywhere else. Hence they usually talk rubbish. They probably look back at them on Monday morning and cringe a bit. But when you're team's been stuffed who wants to listen to their manager give a calm, impartial, analytical review of the game?

Walcott was marginally off for his second as well, these things even themselves out.

Rammy Blue said:
Walcott was marginally off for his second as well, these things even themselves out.
Can't believe some Arsenal (and united) fans think the ref effected the result of the game. We were clearly the better side and always looked like winning it. Talk about clutching at straws.

foetus said:
Rammy Blue said:
Can't believe some Arsenal (and united) fans think the ref effected the result of the game. We were clearly the better side and always looked like winning it. Talk about clutching at straws.

Absolutely.

Fair enough, we couldn't have argued had they scored 5 however they couldn't have moaned if we'd got 10.

Using the old - a bad day at the office excuse as well.

I'm sure that's been used as an excuse by other teams who have played us this season, pretty sure Spurs and Norwich did although I could be wrong.

I wonder how many bad days at the office are needed before teams realise it's us not them behind the number of goals were scoring.

Rammy Blue said:
foetus said:
Rammy Blue said:

Absolutely.

Fair enough, we couldn't have argued had they scored 5 however they couldn't have moaned if we'd got 10.
They have been smashed to smithereens so whinging Wenger had nothing else to grasp onto other than blame the ref.

The score should really have been about 12-5. That would have reflected the actual level of City's dominance.

Rammy Blue said:
And Bendtner was offside when he ''scored''. Alright; it was VERY marginal but offside is offside.

Oohvonkyvonky said:
ArdwickBlue said:
holeinone said:
You must be a young blue, because if you had supported City for many a season like i have, then you would not be acting like a United supporter, in the past we went to game not knowing if we would win or lose, but we had fun no matter what the score was, now it would seem that we don't expect to lose, but win or lose we should not belittle other teams or their fans, we at least should represent our club with pride, even if other fans don't do the same with their club.

Born 1977 at St. Mary's, raised in Adwick Green, went to Ellen Wilkinson High School (Nichols) on Hyde Road, watched City growing up at Maine Road throughout the 80's & 90's and early 2000's, go to the Etihad when I can with my lifelong blue brother.

How I choose to support my club is my prerogative, if you want to be full of pride and be gentlemanly then that too is your prerogative.

I do not behave like a United supporter, I do not expect us to win every match and I am gratious in victory (usually) but after seeing Gooner2 mouthing off smugly (on every thread going) for several months and still banging on with his nonsense today, I am going to reply. Also being a City fan all my life I am going to enjoy days like today aren't I?.

Seems to me you would prefer to still be held in high regard with other clubs fans whilst maintaining pride rattling around the lower divisions, whereas me, I would prefer to stick up for my club against fans who are delluded whilst maintaining a challenge for trophies.

Isn't that what it is all about?

Ignore him Ardwick - he's a weird one.

No need to prove yourself lad.

Yep..ignore one hole..what you posted wasnt scum esque at all..<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:03 am --<br /><br />
gooner2 said:
strongbowholic said:
Let's get the ref out of the way: should haven given a pen against Zabba but in general did well with the game overall I thought.

Onto City: quite simply fucking awesome. I never thought I would see the day we put 6 past Arsenal. Sure, there were a couple of lapses - Yaya for their first (what the fuck were you doing lad?!) and Demichelis is still settling into the game. That said, I still thought (overall again) Demichelis played really well. Fernandinho finally got a goal and what great strikes they were; what a fucking immense player this lad is. Gutted we lost Sergio and hoping nothing too serious (will read up in a bit) but he is such a world class striker. Beast was his usual bustling handful and good value for his goal. Merlin is simply stunning. Navas played well when he came on. Pants made some great saves but still gives me the flutters. Vinny is a colossus. Zabba a warrior. Clichy was very good and understated. Yaya - need to stay focused mate. Milner played well when he came on. Garcia didn't do anything wrong and wasn't on long enough. And last but by certainly no means least.. Samir Nasri. What a fucking game the lad had. On another day and with his shooting boots on he'd have had at least a hat trick.

The game could quite easily having finished 13-6 to City.

What a great game and I'll say again, cannot believe we stuck 6 past Arsenal.

Back to the 'Bow!

Your attack last few years has been out of this world. No doubt at home you got some of best attackers in the world. you were unstopable for us at times today.

At times?? how about most of the time..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.