City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

Notinmylifetime said:
GStar said:
ieaGLxvG1JAKg.gif

Great gif from the mod....thanks. At the start of the gif the lad in royal blue jumping up and down is my lad, my other lad is behind him. I'm the grey haired old bloke in cream jacket just in front of them. Very proud today. The gif made my day.

I hope you let them stay up to watch MOTD and promise them extra pocket money next week.;)

Apparently refs coming to the etihad are being given official premiership aids to help make life easier!!

10z4f1l.jpg

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Bendtner was not offside with his header but Mertesekar was certainly off so that cancels that one out. We were immense, we looked like scoring every time we went forward, we have stuck 6 past a very good Arsenal side and could have had more, their first goal was a comedy of errors from us and their 3rd goal was offside. Ferny lad was immense, Zabba in top form. Only downside was a mixed show from Pantillimon and Kun limping off.

This, exactly. The offside rule gives the ref the leeway to interpret that someone who is interfering with the run of play can rule out a goal for being offside even if he wasn't the one who scored. Just been on the Arsenal forums and no-one there, or in the media in general, seems to understand that basic point.

Brilliant performance again.

Nice to see Feed get some goals. Shame about Kun but it'll give a fit JoJo some game time.

Off pitch highlight was seeing 6/7Arse fans in a group having their picture taken and my lad shouting "Everybody say Tarqin" at them. Gave me a laugh anyway.

Re: Arsenal v City Post Mortem

AliWaheed said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
taconinja said:
Is it that Mangan fellow on ESPN? He's a twerp.

It is indeed. He wrote that it was a dive, I challenged him in the comments section, and he came right back with "no it wasn't, he dragged his foot to get contact." Some Gunner fans agreed, but some actually came on and defended me to their credit.

I thought it was a dive. If you did that in a match you'd get laughed at. Seems to be widely practised tho. A 'professional dive'. Made me chuckle. Milner the honest English workhorse type going in for a 'continental' practice such as this. Nice one Milner :)
It wasn't a dive.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 pm --<br /><br />
cibaman said:
Wenger always has a moan after a defeat, he's admitted he's a bad loser.

I quite like him for it. Managers are forced to give these post match press conferences when they'd rather be anywhere else. Hence they usually talk rubbish. They probably look back at them on Monday morning and cringe a bit. But when you're team's been stuffed who wants to listen to their manager give a calm, impartial, analytical review of the game?
You'd think he'd be better at it, given the amount of practice he's had in the last 8 years....

Pics and comments on the Arsenal win are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citdec13a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citdec13a.htm</a>

I viewed a few Arsenal forums yesterday and some of the comments were laughable. They genuinely think they were robbed, some of them even think they were the better team and if the ref and linesman hadn't cheated, they would have won 6-5. That's RAWK levels of delusion.

Re: Arsenal v City Post Mortem

FogBlueInSanFran said:
TCIB said:
Just read the comments in that espn thread, some gunner gets owned.
He slams a poster saying your analysis is crap and the other fella replies detailing his work as a field producer and is basically very much in the media hahaha.

Yeah, the other fella is me :). I'm the guy who used to work in TV. E Lectric Kompany is my Facebook handle which I created solely to post on ESPNFC. Like lots of other sites, they went FB in July but I like to keep my footy life and my personal life separate so I made a new page.

Most of my takes on City end up on my FB page. I spend more time on ESPNFC to talk with fans of other clubs, and come to bluemoon more to read then post (esp. PrestwichBlue's excellent FFP analyses) . . . and to collect hysterical GIFs, of course.
Yeah, I've read you on there. You fight a good fight against that tide of ignorance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.