City v Arsenal Post Match

When they announced the team , it was exactly the line up , i would have chosen , but its MP who monitors the training , and vinny and kun were never match fit , it makes you wonder who makes the decision to play , is it the manager , player or physios ? Unfortunately vinny has made the mistake of returning to early previously against the dippers at Klanfield , gifting the dippers 3rd goal. Vinny is a great player and captain , but if he aint fit , he cant play , especially against an above average side like the tarquins , in hindsight MDM and Mangala should have started with Jovetic up front . The next 2 weeks will be full of chelski arse licking and the presentation of the title will be arranged for 31st January around 7.30pm and the open top bus is booked for the next day , its our duty to f*ck up maureens little party

Don't post much but as far as a left back goes we should look no further than Angelino. Never been as impressed by a young defender as by him

jimmygrimblesboots said:
When they announced the team , it was exactly the line up , i would have chosen , but its MP who monitors the training , and vinny and kun were never match fit , it makes you wonder who makes the decision to play , is it the manager , player or physios ? Unfortunately vinny has made the mistake of returning to early previously against the dippers at Klanfield , gifting the dippers 3rd goal. Vinny is a great player and captain , but if he aint fit , he cant play , especially against an above average side like the tarquins , in hindsight MDM and Mangala should have started with Jovetic up front . The next 2 weeks will be full of chelski arse licking and the presentation of the title will be arranged for 31st January around 7.30pm and the open top bus is booked for the next day , its our duty to f*ck up maureens little party
This ^^^^
100% agreed.

jimmygrimblesboots said:

I dont really mind its full of Chelsea arse licking, its the same every year. 3 years ago they wrote us off and kissed taggarts ass and we won it. Last year it was Brendas turn for the media love in and yet again we won it. This year its Maureens turn. We might not win it, but we are in with a shout and if any team has shown we dont roll over when things get tough its us. Oh how we have changed.

The pessimism over here is overwhelming, is this what means to be a City fan ?
I love watching City and a defeat after 12 matches is just the law of averages..... I am certain that we are not going to lose against chelsea.

I read and don't post. Just felt like it today. Some of this will of been said elsewhere....but

... in my opinion Arsenal were not excellent. Praised to the hilt by Neville and others for being resilient and organised: for playing a different style, for having a Plan B like never before! What a pile of crap.

They scored first and proceeded to do what most teams would do.

We had two thirds of the possession and they had what? 3 attempts on target?
Arsenal did an OK job - really no need for the over-the-top TV punditry but as we know - that is what they do on TV.

After only 15 or 20 minutes that there was an apparent problem - David Silva was isolated whenever he received the ball in the final third.

Neville jumped on the fact that David's performance was the most ineffective he'd ever seen him have. I can't see that David was to blame - he
wasn't isolated by Arsenal's brilliance, he was isolated because Yaya and Nasri wern't there beside to work the one-two, slide the through balls
and do what City almost always have to do to break down the often numerous obstacles in front of them.

It's not a shocker - we've all seen it time and time again, we dominate possession and as fans we maybe become a little anxious or frustrated - but
we know that sooner or later our good football will find a way through.
Invariably that happens. Not always. We know there are times where we have relied on moments of individual brilliance to turn matches our way and that can't possibly happen all the time either can it?
With players injured, otherwise unavailable or lacking match fitness it makes the task much harder.

Coaches aren't stupid and neither are players.

Just a couple from this thread:
'Wenger got his tactics spot on.....made sure Silva always had at least one man on him..'
'Arsenal did good... defended very narrowly and didn't allow much space for our creative players'

Add to those Gary Neville's revelations about Arsenal protecting their defence.

These are new ideas in football!?

Come on ffs - doesn't just about every football team in the world at least attempt to do those things? Arsenal were playing Manchester City away -
of course they'd attempt to.

Many people would of selected the same starting team in the circumstances. We had Fern and Fern and Milner, players who's
mindset is most often to do a job for the team.
I've been a big fan of Milner but it was not surprising at all that Jovetic came on. We had to try to start creating something. Introducing Jovetic was the obvious change.

All water under the bridge I know. We did not play well yesterday but Arsenal we not awesome either.

Believe that things could of been different if we had happened to score first.

Chelsea aren't winning the next match while I Type this its pouring down in dubai which surely happens once in a bluemoon, either it will be a draw or we are winning it, period ,we lost one after 12 match streak so move on,it hurts but fuk it,and I would stick with pellers even if we don't win Jack shit this season,next season our hands won't be tied cause of ffp and we,ll show what we can do ,to win two titles with ffp is already a big fukin achievement

blue ranger said:
The biggest problem is that whoever is responsible for recruitment at City has signed players far less quality wise than those signed by chelsea. It just isn't good enough.

We have give porto £42m for mangala and Fernando. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Mangala may come good, I hope so but £32m and he still can't get in our starting 11. And don't even get me started on Fernando. The garcia of his final 6 months was far superior in every way to Fernando.

The team needs an injection of youth and pace. Would love to see barker and/or ambrose start on Saturday. In the summer we need quality RB cover, a world class CB, world class LB, box to box mid and a wide player in the mould of a Sanchez/hazard.

I agree 4 or 5 players of real quality are needed to show the premiership and the big clubs in Europe that we are not going to go away.

Hopefully Nasri was in the know when he said that nobody at the club is assured a starting position or will not be offloaded to accommodate a better replacement.

The quality of player we have signed in recent transfers isn't up to scratch for where we want to go as a club.

We have to get better at this or we will slip further behind.

I watched the section of the game immediately before the penalty because of the debate on here. A few seconds before Vinnie had made a great interception and set off up field. When he got to the halfway line he stopped, slipped and was dispossessed. a couple of quick passes by the Arsenal players and they were at the edge of our box, impede, penalty. That passage of play summed up our approach for most of the game - slow of mind and body, whereas the opposition were alert and chasing everything that moved.

Bluekiwi said:
I watched the section of the game immediately before the penalty because of the debate on here. A few seconds before Vinnie had made a great interception and set off up field. When he got to the halfway line he stopped, slipped and was dispossessed. a couple of quick passes by the Arsenal players and they were at the edge of our box, impede, penalty. That passage of play summed up our approach for most of the game - slow of mind and body, whereas the opposition were alert and chasing everything that moved.

We have been slow to react to situations for a while now.

Not nearly good enough for a side wanting to challenge for the title.

Like Burnley and Sunderland and CSKA we thought we were home and dry and went to sleep.

The players always seem to need to wait until things get messy before they respond instead of going on the front foot from the outset and completing the job ala Chelsea against Swansea.

That lack of killer instinct has cost us time and again and its been missing for a while now.

Maybe we think that going back to back is beyond us I don't know but I am alarmed at the mental approach to our game.

It was missing from the outset on Sunday.

Arsenal were average , we were pathetic in terms of passion, drive, spirit and lacked all the things required to put pressure on the defence and the goal keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.